Photo

Hotel business - WHAT will happen? I never use them anymore.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

I recently got back from a week in Chicago. Had never been to that city before. Went to the Oprah show and to see "Wicked" and did all the other touristy things (aquarium also worth seeing). Stayed in a wonderful apartment, Gold coast, 3 minute walk from beach. There are SOOOO many online ways to get superb accomodation ... for far less than any hotel. I'll never stay in a hotel again (at least I don't think so). Am I unsual, or is this a trend? If it's a trend ... what happens to this section of the economy? Just musing. C.C. :) :unsure:

Edited by calmcookie, 27 September 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

This is interesting. Could you please show some link on how to get those deals? Thanks.
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

This is interesting.
Could you please show some link on how to get those deals?

Thanks.

I'm hesitant to give specifics ... but it doesn't take much effort or creativity ... seek and you will find.

Best, C.C. :)

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

and here I thought all these folks missing from hotels were just sleeping in their cars. :D That mystery now solved. thanks!
OTIS.

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

Dang hotels are busy, from what I have seen. Not saying week to week or even month-to-month, but I've been "on the road" most of my life for the past 23 years, and the average rates have been going up and up, and it's more of a problem to find rooms now than in the past, IMO. Doug

#6 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

Dang hotels are busy, from what I have seen. Not saying week to week or even month-to-month, but I've been "on the road" most of my life for the past 23 years, and the average rates have been going up and up, and it's more of a problem to find rooms now than in the past, IMO.

Doug

You might be right ... maybe that business sector is doing fine. Part of my reason for seeking an alternative was the LACK of reasonably priced hotel space in the downtown core of Chicago ... but that may have been a short term problem (there was some Expo convention going on with several thousand visitors). I think it's unusual to make the effort in seeking alternatives, but the place I ended up in was far better than most hotels ... also had full kitchen (but I'm weird that way, as I like to cook, rather than eat in restaurants).

Hope people KEEP going to hotels ... I'll stick to my alternatives. :P

Edited by calmcookie, 28 September 2007 - 07:12 AM.