• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

Nice, they bought puts on the way up in the last 1/2 hour, it probably means there will be another squeeze of this group...

#12 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

15 min charts here if anyone want to follow..

http://www.traders-t...?...g&blogid=30&

#13 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

I'm bullish too...again....we can't get confused with time frames. IT @ LT bullish...short term bearish. I don't want to post another spx chart showing my thoughts....I think I've worn it out. lol

We both are bullish. I think difference is i am expecting SPX ATH before SPX below 1500. I think you are expecting SPX below 1500 before ATH.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#14 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'm bullish too...again....we can't get confused with time frames. IT @ LT bullish...short term bearish. I don't want to post another spx chart showing my thoughts....I think I've worn it out. lol

We both are bullish. I think difference is i am expecting SPX ATH before SPX below 1500. I think you are expecting SPX below 1500 before ATH.

Right....and the winner wears the TT crown for a minute or two. :P

Edited by Teaparty, 28 September 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

Right....and the winner wears the TT crown for a minute or two. :P

I prefer cash. You keep the crown :D

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

So far so good, I got the spike back above the horizontal resistance, there is still some disbelief in this rally today. OEX P/C is encouraging...

#17 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

I think there is some excess bullish views and positions around...

Today, being the last day of the week, month and quarter, is an important day for the market to show us whether it is or was willing to push through the long term resistence zones.

Today is the day where the big brokers are or were supposed to support the market.

But I saw nothing but selling into strength for 2 weeks.

Combined with the speculation, I am not happy with this market at the moment.

- kisa

Being the end of a quarter trading day not sure you can read anything into today's action. Something like 11 of the past 12 end of the quarter trading days have been down. And then in most cases that was followed by an up day the beginning of the new quarter. Admittedly though, I too am seeing a lot less aversion to risk and if this trend continues we could see some ugliness sometime in the fabled month of October.

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

I think I want to trade the markets which will go up with the liquidity than only by the short squeezes, whether there is any risk aversion or not. The liquidity still feels quite low to me. The rallies last about minutes and then they reverse in seconds. I gave up on this market once OEX 715 was taken to the downside again. I expected the market to take the 720 target by the EoQ here... I see mostly a neutral A/D and a low volume sell off, this can be bullish for Monday.

Edited by kisacik, 28 September 2007 - 02:12 PM.