• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

The following snippet from Decision Point web site could be (behind the scene) reason for the bull market of late. "Sovereign investment funds have been used by Alaska , Kuwait , the United Arab Emirates , and Norway among others, to manage their economies more efficiently, using oil profits when oil prices are high to invest in financial assets, looking to the future when their oil reserves will be depleted. However, the amounts of money that governments have been moving into such funds, the secrecy of the funds, and the move this year by Russia and China to join the party, has raised concerns around the world. The International Monetary Fund, estimates there is already more than $2.5 trillion in these sovereign funds (which significantly exceeds the assets of all the hedge funds in the world)"
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

yea, and the chinese are getting ready to join <_<
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

http://www.bloomberg...6...&refer=home

#4 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

As Russians say....
"EVEN ARABS DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH CHINESE HAVE IN THE POCKET."
:D

#5 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

What is in those funds? Not dollars?

#6 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:52 PM

I get the impression that central banks have lost control of the money supply. A few years ago Greenspan was warning us about the size of the portfolio's of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. A couple years later Hedge funds where the bogey man. Now it's soverign funds that are a threat. Maybe investors would rather do their thing in private and the central banks should just turn off the press's. uh