Photo

C expects substantial decline in Q3 income due to Sub-Prime MBSs etc...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:07 AM

NA

Edited by Bob-C, 01 October 2007 - 06:09 AM.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

NA

Hi everyone, UBS to take $3.4B writedown due to MBS losses etc. and will fire 1500 employees.

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#3 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:10 AM

I'm seeing a delayed quote on UBS from work here and it's up 3%. Interesting. Maybe a worse decline was priced into the stock and the bad news was good news? B)
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#4 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

I'm seeing a delayed quote on UBS from work here and it's up 3%. Interesting. Maybe a worse decline was priced into the stock and the bad news was good news? B)

Hi SB, IMVHO, time is ticking away as they are distributing and then selling short stock-index futures and stocks prior to kicking the market down sharply in order to profit from their short sales. IMHO, today is a set up prior to the next market hit. LOB!!! :) :)

Cheers, :)

Bob-C

#5 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for the reply, Bob.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#6 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

You're welcome SB, good luck on your trades. :)

Have a happy and successful day. :)

Bob

#7 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

Hi everyone, there is very poor volume on the NYSE, NASDAQ, and the QQQQs. IMHO, it looks like a set up for a big hit on the market by Friday's employment report or earlier. Cheers, :) Bob-C

#8 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

Hi everyone, there is very poor volume on the NYSE, NASDAQ, and the QQQQs. IMHO, it looks like a set up for a big hit on the market by Friday's employment report or earlier.

Bob-C

Hi everyone, volume on the QQQQs, NASDAQ, and NYSE continues to be extremely light, IMHO, this a very bad sign. The market is between tick and tock; they're marking time until they drop the market like a rock. Traders, fund managers, and analysts are euphoric; LOB!!!

Bob-C