Informal Trucking indicator

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Good trade. Now can you show some of your trades that did not require staring at the screen all day to collect some changes most day, and good money once in three months?

No, i cannot. My trading style requires me to monitor the screen all day. Those who think they can scan some stocks at the EOD, with a dayjob, and beat the pros are deluding themselves. Seriously, it's not that easy.

As for this small change, nickel and dime and all that nonsense, i will tell ya something. It's not small change, it's serious money. Unless you understand the dynamics of leveraged trading, you will never understand this. Those who daytrade and collect change don't trade 5% or 50% of their account. They trade 200-300% leverage. That's serious money. A guy who captures 5 ES points with 300% leverage in a day makes the same money as the guy who captures 30 ES points with 50% leverage (over a week or more). I thought you had understood it by now. No, i give up ! I am just wasting my time.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#22 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Panama Canal traffic at record high 02h24 pANAMA CITY (Reuters) - in the last 12 months, according to figures released Tuesday by the body that manages the inter-oceanic waterway. Posting figures for its fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, the Panama Canal Authority said transits though the 50-mile waterway were up 3.7 percent to a record 14,721 from 14,194 in the year-ago period. It also said that cargo volumes surpassed the symbolic barrier of 300 million tons in the last 12 months, thanks in part to a 10 percent jump in container ship transits and a rise in the number of large vessels traversing the canal. Work began last month on an ambitious project to double the canal's capacity so that even bigger ships can pass through. The $5.25 billion project is expected to be completed by 2014. It is by far the biggest expansion project in the canal's 93-year history and has engineering firms from around the world scrambling to win contracts. The pre-qualification period for the biggest contract will conclude later this month, when the field of firms hoping to win a $3 billion-plus tender to build a third set of locks will be whittled down to four consortia.
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#23 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,037 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

It also said that cargo volumes surpassed the symbolic barrier of 300 million tons in the last 12 months, thanks in part to a 10 percent jump in container ship transits and a rise in the number of large vessels traversing the canal.

Somebody is moving stuff. We may be slowing here, but the rest of the world is still moving a lot of material.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter