Photo

Off Topic - Phone company - they are CROOKS !

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

ATT is in my bad books. Spent 30 minutes on the phone this morning attempting to straighten out some charges that I knew were incorrect ... and THEY could not explain why I had been billed twice for the same service period. I told them to delete my credit card info and just send me paper bills again ... I don't trust their book keeping ... not one little bit. Then they have the nerve to phone me 10 minutes later and attempt to sell me extra internet services ... $%#@&^ is all I can say. I'm going to be looking for other phone options. C.C. :angry:

Edited by calmcookie, 03 October 2007 - 12:49 PM.

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

thats hilarious! I just got off the phone with them telling them that I want to choose a lower service so that I can start chewing through all my 7500 minutes of rollover that I have accumulated...they said if i go to a lower plan i loose my rollover minutes i friggin hate these guys

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

:D Stocks been very good to me. :blush: Double in two years. [attachment=6014:attachment] mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

:D
Stocks been very good to me. :blush: Double in two years.

[attachment=6014:attachment]

mss

:lol: :D :lol: ... yes, they are doing so well ... billing everyone TWICE (honestly, if I had not noticed it ... they'd have just got my double payment ... and they'd be laughing ... along with their stock holders ... no wonder their chart is soaring ... most people can't be bothered to check their bill)

Edited by calmcookie, 03 October 2007 - 01:01 PM.

#5 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

That's simple... bill TWICE, and the stocks DOUBLE in price. Sounds like a new business model, huh? I'd like to buy a franchise from AT&T. :)

#6 Rocketman

Rocketman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

I keep the local phones BASIC, ie at a minimum, No Long Distance, etc. Then I spend $30/YEAR for unlimited Long Distance at www.skype.com, I make all my LD calls via the computer, even internationally, Skype charges me 2 cents/minute to Holland and most other developed countries and if the other person also has a computer with skype on it, the call is free and it doesn't matter where they are in the world and how long you talk for. It is freedom from ATT, MCI, etc.

#7 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

Actually, I use Pingo.com for all my long distance ... they are dirt cheap ... only use ATT for very basic home charge ... but they still added a bunch of other ridiculous charges ... then had the nerve to tell me I had just got this service ! Meanwhile ... I've had the same phone line for 7 years ... they really messed up ... then made me pay with both time and effort ... &%$#**& ! One day I'll drop them, entirely. C.C. :)

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

We have cingular wireless and I think they are now owned by ATT. I always watch my bills carefully. And I don't like an arrangement where they can automatically charge your bill amount to your account. All my bills are paid on the internet but only when I authorize the payment each month. The only exceptions are those bills which are fixed cost every month such as garbage pickup and Internet service provider etc.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,038 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

I've been seeing more and more utility type companies wanting to go all automatic, but they are almost to a company incompetent and untrustworty (I.e. you can't trust them to do the job right in the first place, not that they will lie to you). I suspect there's going to be some hell to pay on this stuff soon, too. Our utility company (even billing for ease of accounting) informed us in an email of a 40% increase, which accrued for several months since the notice was lost in the spam folders. Talk about incompetent. Now, the cell bill always gets audited. Back when these outfit were in trouble, we'd find that every several months they'd "change our plan" amounting to us owing significantly more money. Usually not more than 50% more, but enough to add up. Sure, they'd apologize and immediately correct the problem, but how many folks just paid and never said anything? How many paid and found out in a few months that what they paid was in error? Nice, free money that. :o Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,882 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

If you have internet and a USB you should try the Magic Jack
$20 a year unlimited.