Last hour selloff ??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

I am seeing VST indicators which suggest a last hour selloff. I am not sure, how deep it's gonna be though. First confirmation i am getting here today to even try a short trade. Again this is based on 30-min charts. It's a risky short though, cuz when the intraday breadth is as strong as this, they generally close it at the top tick of the day. So it's only for super-nimble types.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

I am seeing VST indicators which suggest a last hour selloff. I am not sure, how deep it's gonna be though. First confirmation i am getting here today to even try a short trade. Again this is based on 30-min charts.

It's a risky short though, cuz when the intraday breadth is as strong as this, they generally close it at the top tick of the day. So it's only for super-nimble types.

It depends on how many people tried to sell toda'y new short ;)

And I bet a lot of people did, if this board is any indication.

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

it's not the new shorts that I'm worried about during this squeeze...it's the old shorts getting squeezed on the new spx high that is going to power it if the vice gets tighter.

#4 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Equity-only p/c for last half hour was .55

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,043 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:42 PM

Boy, I really wanted to short this pig, but I defaulted to discipline...which requires a trend change before shorting. Never got it. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

Boy, I really wanted to short this pig, but I defaulted to discipline...which requires a trend change before shorting. Never got it.

Mark

Mark,

There's plenty of time to short this pig. I already scalped 4 ES points on this signal. I would not overstay in my position here. Going flat. Done for the day.

Time to sit and write all the mistakes i made for the day.

Collected 10 NQ points instead of 50 points, by closing early. Absolutely unforgivable :lol:

Swing short using OEX puts 10 SPX points early. Compensated with that late day 4 ES points scalp. Mistake forgiven. I am quite confident that i will make good money on these puts :lol:

Not scalping longs intraday because of fear of heights and da_cheifs incessant mockery. Forgiven :lol:

Have a good weekend folks !

Edited by NAV, 05 October 2007 - 02:56 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

I'll take a wild guess that we'll have 30+% people fully short again in the weekend polls, as everyone has tried to short this.