Beware the Volume

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Today's volume is in many etfs about 60% of the three month average. Check a few of your favorites. (I suspect a certain bank has been playing in the market again.) Beware sweeping, low volume, rallys at or near a Phi Mate turn date like starting today. :sweatingbullets: Best, Islander.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

what is phi mate?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 beardown

beardown

• Traders-Talk User
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

they might hold us up until the 2nd half of the month :P

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

Today's volume is in many etfs about 60% of the three month average. Check a few of your favorites. (I suspect a certain bank has been playing in the market again.) Beware sweeping, low volume, rallys at or near a Phi Mate turn date like starting today. :sweatingbullets:

Best, Islander.

that volume stuff has kept ord outa da market the last 2000 pts

#5 beardown

beardown

• Traders-Talk User
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

Today's volume is in many etfs about 60% of the three month average. Check a few of your favorites. (I suspect a certain bank has been playing in the market again.) Beware sweeping, low volume, rallys at or near a Phi Mate turn date like starting today. :sweatingbullets:

Best, Islander.

that volume stuff has kept ord outa da market the last 2000 pts

How does he sell books? :P

#6 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

It is witchcraft, but it often works. The Fib count from the last significant rise or fall in the market. DR. HcHugh of EW fame has his own methods, but they are close enough to mine to comfort me a little. I think you can get a free ride on his Technicals Web sight, if you can take his lengthy repetitive expositions. Islander. Not me, I play every day and I use volume, not worship it. Regards, Islander. Ord sells well and his performance claims are modest, virtue not practiced by a few of our comrades. ISlander.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

The volume should've been about 90% of the 20 day average for today's levels to support the break out, I guess the operators will pile on when it pulls back, it is OK... The traders push the prices, the investors push the volume...

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

It is witchcraft, but it often works. The Fib count from the last significant rise or fall in the market. DR. HcHugh of EW fame has his own methods, but they are close enough to mine to comfort me a little. I think you can get a free ride on his Technicals Web sight, if you can take his lengthy repetitive expositions. Islander.

Not me, I play every day and I use volume, not worship it.

Regards, Islander.

Ord sells well and his performance claims are modest, virtue not practiced by a few of our comrades. ISlander.

I AM DA GREATEST....I FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERLY AND STING LIKE A BEE........SNEOOOORTT...

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:01 AM

I AM DA GREATEST....I FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERLY AND STING LIKE A BEE........SNEOOOORTT...

WOW! I think we are going to get a little more than a pull back...

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

>WOW! I think we are going to get a little more than a pull back...< well if you do......then....you are welcome..........-g-