Photo

How Many Germs Live On Your Keyboard?....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

Hi everyone, according to an article which includes a quiz from www.justsayhi.com entitled, "How Many Germs Live On Your Keyboard?":

Studies have shown that your keyboard and mouse are some of the most germ-ridden devices you own, surpassing even doorknobs and toilet seats. Take this short quiz to see how many germs lovingly call your keyboard home.

Cheers, :)

Bob-C

Edited by Bob-C, 08 October 2007 - 12:33 AM.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

Bob, that is disgusting. Thank you, I've emailed it to all my friends. :D

#3 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Bob, that is disgusting.

Thank you, I've emailed it to all my friends. :D

You're welcome Drano. ;)

Best, ;)

Bob
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

Yes, germs, bacteria and virus are ABUNDANT in our environment. There may be more on your keyboard or toilet, but they are also in many other places (often considered to be "clean" surfaces). What most people don't understand is that it's NOT ones exposure to these things that matters ... rather, it's the STRENGTH and health of ones immune system that's important. And WHAT is the number ONE determinant of whether or not you have a strong and efficient immune system? Well, you know the answer to that. :P ;) If not, PM me. B)

Edited by calmcookie, 08 October 2007 - 09:40 AM.

#5 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

And WHAT is the number ONE determinant of whether or not you have a strong and efficient immune system?

Making sure you don't have a chocolate deficiency?

#6 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

And WHAT is the number ONE determinant of whether or not you have a strong and efficient immune system?

Making sure you don't have a chocolate deficiency?

:D ... smiling, while savoring delicious chocolate, with good friends, is a sure fire immune booster! (but eating 2 boxes of 7- 11 junk, alone in the dark, while emotionally depressed ... is NOT) ;)

Edited by calmcookie, 08 October 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#7 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

Yes, germs, bacteria and virus are ABUNDANT in our environment. There may be more on your keyboard or toilet, but they are also in many other places (often considered to be "clean" surfaces).

What most people don't understand is that it's NOT ones exposure to these things that matters ... rather, it's the STRENGTH and health of ones immune system that's important. And WHAT is the number ONE determinant of whether or not you have a strong and efficient immune system?

Well, you know the answer to that. :P ;)

If not, PM me. B)

Beer. Ummmm, Beer.
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#8 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

so if you are depressed, then you eat chocolate, then your "immune system" goes off? Or is it that your "immune system" is off, so you get depressed and that makes you eat chocoalate? Or is it that you get germs from your keyboard, which makes you lonely and depressed, so you go to 7-11 and buy chocolate? What excatly is being said here? If I eat some "secret" way.... then my "immune" system is "immune" to depression and trips to 7-11? Or just "immune" to key board germs. But wait, who put those keyboard germs on my keyboard in the first place? Certainly not me - I'm not depressed. So the depressed, lonely guy or gal who eats 7-11 chocolate snuck into my house and put their snarky germs on my otherwise germ-free keyboard? Sheesh... I always knew the study of the "immune system" was complex, but the more I think about it, the more complex it appears to be :( Think I better go test my saliva... maybe I'm out of balance.. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice