It's a bull market

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

There are more choices.... One of them is, "we all lose, no matter what"... some lose "a little", others lose "a lot"... if they die at early enough... and the rest lose "almost everything". No "prospering" anywhere, as far as I can tell.
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#22 MacRo

MacRo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

There are more choices....

One of them is, "we all lose, no matter what"... some lose "a little", others lose "a lot"... if they die at early enough... and the rest lose "almost everything".

No "prospering" anywhere, as far as I can tell.

I am going to go out on a limb and venture a guess that you don't live in Chicago, Manhattan, London, Hong Kong, Dubai or anywhere else where bulls outnumber nihilists...

#23 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Nasdaq advance/decline -- page down for the weekly chart, of interest.

#24 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

There are more choices....

One of them is, "we all lose, no matter what"... some lose "a little", others lose "a lot"... if they die at early enough... and the rest lose "almost everything".

No "prospering" anywhere, as far as I can tell.

If you feel that way about it, what are you doing here or, come to think of it, anywhere? I figure you'd want to beat the rush before you lost everything.
Anyway,
Enough time spent on your "deep thoughts". ;)
Back to trading.

Edited by milbank, 08 October 2007 - 01:51 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#25 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Nasdaq advance/decline -- page down for the weekly chart, of interest.

Nasdaq breadth does not work, I am sure there is an army who can explain why, probably due to the constant addition of the junk...

I look at the NYSE breadth. It is not at the new highs, slightly divergent, but its momentum is quite strong for an immediate reversal...

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYAD&p=D&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&i=p11165344024&r=6602&.png

#26 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Kis, I think the general consensus on Nasdaq breadth is that it's useless over anything more than a 5 year period, based on the factor you mentioned. But that doesn't preclude a look at the figures from a more near-term perspective. Fact is, even taking into account Nasdaq breadth "slippage," the downward spiral of the last few months and 2 or 3 years is in stark contrast to the price movement. And I'm not saying price can't continue upwards at an accelerating pace. I'm just noting the divergence for the record.