Perfect set up

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

you know the funny thing is that I have only noticed OGM after the mid AUG. And that s because he comes out everyday since then to bark about the bull market but I haven t seen any nice charts like lots of people on here to base their argument...... just charts of MACDs on stocks and that everything on friday was green apart from one (thank you very much for the info....) or that many people on here were short coming to monday (so that was a bad thing - although it was 50-50 between fully short and long) and it goes on and on with words but no charts. No Offence OGM, I like you but show us some good charts as well, if you are so sure about your opinion - not only words. Thanks

Edited by nicolasillo, 08 October 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#12 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

you know the funny thing is that I have only noticed OGM after the mid AUG. And that s because he comes out everyday since then to bark about the bull market but I haven t seen any nice charts like lots of people on here to base their argument...... just charts of MACDs on stocks and that everything on friday was green apart from one (thank you very much for the info....) or that many people on here were short coming to monday (so that was a bad thing - although it was 50-50 between fully short and long) and it goes on and on with words but no charts. No Offence OGM, I like you but show us some good charts as well, if you are so sure about your opinion - not only words.
Thanks

Geez, dude,, lol

I've posted up a storm of charts of internals, indexes, stocks. You just didn't pay attention. since they had bullish comment attached to them :)
You know how it goes... "We only see what we want to see and ignore the rest" :D

I'm easily in top 10 of chart posters on this board, by the amount of charts I post.

Edited by ogm, 08 October 2007 - 03:26 PM.

#13 MacRo

MacRo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:25 PM

what NDX does over the next few days will be very telling. It has been very strong coming out of the August lows but it has still remained bound by its two year channel. It looks to be on the verge of a full-fledged breakout. There is also a very bullish RSI divergence on NDX:NYA. The next few days could be the harbringer of Nasdaq parabola v. 2.0. SOX doesn't exactly seem to want to follow suit though, so I am warry of a fakeout or a swing pull-back.

Edited by MacRo, 08 October 2007 - 03:28 PM.

#14 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

what NDX does over the next few days will be very telling. It has been very strong coming out of the August lows but it has still remained bound by its two year channel. It looks to be on the verge of a full-fledged breakout. There is also a very bullish RSI divergence on NDX:NYA. The next few days could be the harbringer of Nasdaq parabola v. 2.0. SOX doesn't exactly seem to want to follow suit though, so I am warry of a fakeout or a swing pull-back.

I think SOX will slowly catch up. Thought its a laggard.

PC/laptop sales are strong, cell phone sales are strong. INTC will power up on its earnings and push the SOX higher.

#15 MacRo

MacRo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

I think everyone is so caught up in the fact that foreign sales are now 87% of intel's total numbers that nobody seems to care that intel's numbers and margins aren't exactly going anywhere special the rest of this year or next. Like I said above. We will see very shortly if the emperor hath clothes or a jet-pack...

#16 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

Looks like a perfect set up for a gap down to me. Add in AA earnings, and it may be a fair sized one.

#17 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

Looks like a perfect set up for a gap down to me. Add in AA earnings, and it may be a fair sized one.

Majority of the earnings will be "better then expected"...

There really can be very little negative surprizes in this market. Mostly positive.

#18 MacRo

MacRo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

Majority of the earnings will be "better then expected"...

There really can be very little negative surprizes in this market. Mostly positive.

And even when you manage to lose 5 billion your shares go up because you were "honest and forthcoming," and honesty is always the best policy. :lol:

Anyone trying to game earnings without a valid technical basis (or priveleged info) is going to find themselves getting faded, often.

Edited by MacRo, 08 October 2007 - 04:10 PM.

#19 bylo

bylo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

Bullish, but among other things:

http://img339.images...mage=ndxum0.png

Edited by bylo, 08 October 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#20 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

With all due respect to that powerful NDX advance today of 13.59 points........17.14 of those 13.59 points were added to the index by 5 stocks and one of those was worth 9.38 points.