• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

This is a 10 wk sell signal, I also have 85% 5 wk sell signal on RUT and XLF for the expected lows around next week and a similar sell signal on SPX. I always take the buy signals than the sell signals. I will take the signal if the market opens higher or rallies tomorrow. This is mostly a hedging trade for the investment accounts, but I am going to see what a position trade will do in the trading accounts. I see over 1000 stocks following the periods from 25-32 days for the 5 wk cycle. I see some more elevated optimism, so the short trades might even work... :lol: Good luck, - kisa

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

I apparently have a similar 69% 10 wk buy signal on SDS. I must say if the market accelerates higher, such a blow off would fall harder into the 10 wk cycle low, I do not see the liquidity as so abundant to sustain any faster trend... I think my favorite short is IBB... I see most of the indices largely satisfying their 5 and 10 wk cycle projections, the uptrend is basically strong. I am going to also prepare a long shopping list tomorrow.

Edited by kisacik, 09 October 2007 - 06:08 PM.

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

I apparently have a similar 69% 10 wk buy signal on SDS.

:( well what the H.. I sold the last small position of SDS on the opening today. :D
But I bought QLD :cry:
So it goes, first your money, then your cloths. :P
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well, I got these signals today, they were getting stronger and probably further run up will not invalidate the signal at this juncture (ST overbought or blow off)...

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

I don't think there is any particular exhuberance yet. Interestingly put/call has retreated today to more neutral level. And if you look at PVI on decisionpoint, Put buying has picked up significantly. Another attempt to catch the top is in progress.

Posted Image

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I agree it might go on more, the price is stretched, that's all...

#7 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

My way of looking at broader markets showed things as more calm today. But my stop in QQQQ just moved to +12.6%. That's not normal man....it's time for this baby to correct, but it just keeps going up. MMR just busted a nice move today as well. I had expected to get stopped out with a small gain today. Instead my stop just move up again and more than doubled my gain. An overbought stock market that doesn't want to correct. How terrible! :D

Edited by Sentient Being, 09 October 2007 - 10:14 PM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~