CNBC HD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

For those who don't have Directv, the company is finally rolling out its new HD programming over the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, CNBC HD finally hit the menu. If you have it, it's the second channel 355 shown on the menu. Very cool stuff - check it out....it's now worth going out and spending the money to upgrade to HD. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

I haven't watched CNBC in years... clue me in... what's better? Maria Bartaromo in High Def? :) mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

I haven't watched CNBC in years... clue me in... what's better? Maria Bartaromo in High Def?

I don't know about the talking heads (and what the big deal is with Maria), but the layout and visual information that CNBC is providing on its HD format is different enough to at least check it out.

What will be interesting to watch is when Fox introduces its new business channel on October 15th. The partial line up of analysts that I've seen is going to give CNBC a real run for its money - especially in the way of substantive reporting.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

Nothing beats CNBC. Steve Liesman and the other guy are fantastic TV. Bloomberg is useless and no fun. Dylan is on the ball too. All though the constant hype and fluffiness can get a little nauseating. Nothing is perfect. PS. Not to mention the hot babes.
If it can be cornered, it will.