False alarm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

I don't think its a false alarm...all ST time frames I'm looking at look bad and have turned down...and on volume...I'm short and will give it some time.

#12 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

To quote that famous humanitarian William (Bill) Shatner... "This is big, VERY big." From the NYTimes... "70 percent of all air cargo sent to Iraq passed through or came from Turkey, as did 30 percent of fuel and virtually all the new armored vehicles designed to withstand mines and bombs. “They believe clearly that access to airfields and to the roads and so on in Turkey would be very much put at risk if this resolution passes and the Turks react as strongly as we believe they will,” Mr. Gates said, referring to the remarks of General Petraeus and Mr. Crocker."

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#13 MacRo

MacRo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 421 posts

so bloomberg would have us believe the straw that broke the camel's back was JPM downgrading earnings estimates for BAIDU...

#14 Laoya

Laoya

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

That was probably it. Techs getting hammered more than anything else.

so bloomberg would have us believe the straw that broke the camel's back was JPM downgrading earnings estimates for BAIDU...

#15 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

aww.... look at all the excitement :)

Ok, stopped out for a small loss. Was long ES.

Making more than seven figures in a day gets pretty exciting.....actually the swing on the oex oct 730's ...hit a low of 4 bucks and now up more than 11, Ive got 200 of those at average 8.25. Added 50 nov 730's at the top today at 11 bucks now trading 18...swing short on es at 1583.25 this morning.....yip....I'm excited!

Edited by Teaparty, 11 October 2007 - 02:23 PM.

#16 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

Making more than seven figures in a day gets pretty exciting.....actually the swing on the oex oct 730's ...hit a low of 4 bucks and now up more than 11, Ive got 200 of those at average 8.25. Added 50 nov 730's at the top today at 11 bucks now trading 18...swing short on es at 1583.25 this morning.....yip....I'm excited!

Remember, it's the darkest before the dawn.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#17 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

there is a gap to be filled at on es at 1554 and spx 1544.15...I've taken some profits on the oct 730s...half of them

#18 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

Remember, it's the darkest before the dawn.

Funny... I always went by the saying.. "Remember, it's always darkest before it goes totally black" :P

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#19 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

Nix selling 100 of those puts....it was only 10 that went.

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:50 PM

Oqm, Forget about the European dude. Next time you see a 120-min chart with triple divergence, get cautious at minimum.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV