Learning Russian...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

Я не уверен по поводу растущего рынка перед OpExp.

Продавать завтра, а также с пятницы до вторника. Потом покупать.

Должны закрыться наверху, потом вниз до вторника. ;)

#2 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

благодарность
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

you think resistance will be tested today or that here is all we get? down to tuesday is clear. tia, klh
best,
klh

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

I am extremely concerned with these P/C ratios, especially given that last week also closed with record call purchases. Today the market opened with these insane low readings after yesterday's horror. The entire NYSE exchange participants moved from the actual share trading to the CBOE options trading...

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:02 AM

the volume numbers from ISEE look suspect. On Tuesday, the ISEE call ratio was out of sight, but then the numbers were corrected way down, to a marginally high 175. Im not sure what this means if anything, but the tech at ISEE is very good. klh
best,
klh

#6 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

I wouldn't worry about low put call yet. There is no real exhuberance. Look how jittery and skittish everyone is. Including myself. Everyone dumped longs very fast and was fast to short. I think strong momentum phase is probably coming to an end here, so we'll have a shaky grind higher for some time. Maybe a few weeks. That will lull everyone to sleep once again, while momentum is erroding. Then it will be another big dump. Just muy MSFT and GM calls and enjoy the ride :)

Edited by ogm, 12 October 2007 - 10:29 AM.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

the volume numbers from ISEE look suspect. On Tuesday, the ISEE call ratio was out of sight, but then the numbers were corrected way down, to a marginally high 175. Im not sure what this means if anything, but the tech at ISEE is very good.

klh

They didn't update the numbers for a few hours now...

I think strong momentum phase is probably coming to an end here, so we'll have a shaky grind higher for some time. Maybe a few weeks.

That's the problem, while the speculation is at an all time high...

(look at under the industry tab here)

#8 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Its simply growth in volumes. I don't think it indicates speculation. Exchange volumes have been growing for years. The markets are becoming more and more accessible to large numbers of investors. Different investment companies, hedge funds etc, keep developing more and ore complex strategies involving stocks and options. I still think the markets are benefiting from CDO debacle. More and more money flowing into liquid stocks rather then illiquid structured debt.

Edited by ogm, 12 October 2007 - 10:41 AM.

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

http://www.cboe.com/...ntraDayVol.aspx

yesterdays pc ratios were fat
193 oex
172 spx
160 combined indexes
1661 mini ndx
202 spy
191 dia
322 i shares....

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Its simply growth in volumes. I don't think it indicates speculation. Exchange volumes have been growing for years

The growth rate in the options market is much greather than the overall exchange volumes. Everyone is in the hedging business in these days, buy and write calls etc. This requires more liquidity to move the stocks due to the huge overhead from the options, although the options also provide some price stability by shifting the risk from the investors to the speculators.