Photo

Hi cafeflorida, thanks for posting."Operation White Noise Steps Into The Limelight"...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:26 PM

by Jim sinclair in my thread here below on the board. :)

"If the American people ever allow banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property, until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. The issuing of money should be taken from the banks and restored to Congress and the people to whom it belongs." -- Thomas Jefferson.

Cheers, :)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

If any president ever dares to interfere, he will be shot, just like the others...

#3 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

If any president ever dares to interfere, he will be shot, just like the others...

Hi Kisa, nice to hear from you. :) Abraham Lincoln said the following (he was assasinated six months later on April 14, 1865):

I see in the near future a crises approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country....corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic in destroyed

Abraham Lincoln Nov. 21, 1864

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#4 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for reminding us, Bob, of the wisdom of one of many of our great founding fathers. Jefferson, who lived long before the creation of the Federal Reserve, made some incredibly prescient, even haunting statements. He also said,

"A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army." (The Basic writings of Thomas Jefferson, Willey Book Company, p. 749)

In his time Jefferson was concerned with the notion fostered by the likes of Alexander Hamilton that Congress should relegate its authority granted by the Consitution to be the sole body to coin money to a central bank (Section 8, Article I, U.S. Constitution, reads simply, "Congress shall have the power . . . to coin money . . . ." Section 10 of the same Article states that "No State shall . . . coin money . . . [or] make any Thing but gold and silver coin a Tender in payment of debts . . .).

Of course, in 1913 Congress did in fact relegate its authority by creating the Federal Reserve which ever since then essentially controlled the creation and issuance of all currency. I don't know why they used the term "Federal" in the name - after all, it's a private company owned by the country's largest banks. Whether this institution has resulted in better or worse, and there are arguments on both sides, I would offer one more quote from Thomas Jefferson as follows:

"We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessities and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements . . . our people must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give our earnings of fifteen of these to the government . . . have no time to think, no means of calling our mis-managers to account; but be glad to obtain sustenance by hiring ourselves out to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers . . . and this is the tendency of all human governments . . . till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery . . . and the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that and in its train wretchedness and oppression."

Jefferson wrote this almost 200 years ago . . . long before there was a Federal Reserve . . . long before there was an income tax. Why do I find the wisdom of the likes of Mssrs. Greenspan, Bernanke, Paulson, Rubin . . . what the heck, the whole darn economic and political elite that run this country, pale in comparison with the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson?

#5 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for reminding us, Bob, of the wisdom of one of many of our great founding fathers. Jefferson, who lived long before the creation of the Federal Reserve, made some incredibly prescient, even haunting statements. He also said,

"A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army." (The Basic writings of Thomas Jefferson, Willey Book Company, p. 749)

In his time Jefferson was concerned with the notion fostered by the likes of Alexander Hamilton that Congress should relegate its authority granted by the Consitution to be the sole body to coin money to a central bank (Section 8, Article I, U.S. Constitution, reads simply, "Congress shall have the power . . . to coin money . . . ." Section 10 of the same Article states that "No State shall . . . coin money . . . [or] make any Thing but gold and silver coin a Tender in payment of debts . . .).

Of course, in 1913 Congress did in fact relegate its authority by creating the Federal Reserve which ever since then essentially controlled the creation and issuance of all currency. I don't know why they used the term "Federal" in the name - after all, it's a private company owned by the country's largest banks. Whether this institution has resulted in better or worse, and there are arguments on both sides, I would offer one more quote from Thomas Jefferson as follows:

"We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessities and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements . . . our people must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give our earnings of fifteen of these to the government . . . have no time to think, no means of calling our mis-managers to account; but be glad to obtain sustenance by hiring ourselves out to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers . . . and this is the tendency of all human governments . . . till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery . . . and the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that and in its train wretchedness and oppression."

Jefferson wrote this almost 200 years ago . . . long before there was a Federal Reserve . . . long before there was an income tax. Why do I find the wisdom of the likes of Mssrs. Greenspan, Bernanke, Paulson, Rubin . . . what the heck, the whole darn economic and political elite that run this country, pale in comparison with the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson?

You're very welcome bullshort, good to hear from you. :) Thanks very much for your well-stated insights and for taking the time and effort to post the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson who warned the country about the oncoming dangers of giving away the powers of the Congress granted by the US Constitution "to control the creation and issuance of all currency."

Regards,

Bob

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

http://video.google....319560256183936