What's next.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

Here is what I really think, all this perma bull/bear buyllsh*t aside. I think next is a very difficult year in the markets. There will be no single investment theme. Not everything will go up, not everything will go down. Winners will be rewarded handsomely, losers punished severely. Basicaly stock picker's market. We have elections coming up next year too. There will be plenty of worries about that on top of housing. Remember the last elections year ? Market was a seasaw for the most of the year. Thats something that is probably going to repeat this year. Valuations are low, economy isn't going into recession, but will be very sluggish and uneven and there will be plenty of worries about just about everything and very turbulent environment on day to day basis. I'm taking profits in stuff that runs up constantly. Have to take profits. There will be plenty of opportunities in this market.

Edited by ogm, 17 October 2007 - 11:41 AM.

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Oil to $120? Lots of froth there. If this keeps up the consumer is going to get smoked !
OTIS.

#3 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

Here is what I really think, all this perma bull/bear buyllsh*t aside.

I think next is a very difficult year in the markets.

There will be no single investment theme. Not everything will go up, not everything will go down.
Winners will be rewarded handsomely, losers punished severely.

Basicaly stock picker's market.

We have elections coming up next year too. There will be plenty of worries about that on top of housing. Remember the last elections year ? Market was a seasaw for the most of the year. Thats something that is probably going to repeat this year.

Valuations are low, economy isn't going into recession, but will be very sluggish and uneven and there will be plenty of worries about just about everything and very turbulent environment on day to day basis.

I'm taking profits in stuff that runs up constantly. Have to take profits. There will be plenty of opportunities in this market.

are you disappointed in INTC's affect on the market today...?

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

There will be no single investment theme. Not everything will go up, not everything will go down.

We have elections coming up next year too. There will be plenty of worries about that on top of housing. Remember the last elections year ? Market was a seasaw for the most of the year. Thats something that is probably going to repeat this year.

Valuations are low, economy isn't going into recession, but will be very sluggish and uneven and there will be plenty of worries about just about everything and very turbulent environment on day to day basis.

I'm taking profits in stuff that runs up constantly. Have to take profits. There will be plenty of opportunities in this market.

ed rader

No. Should I be ? I'm long INTC since high teens, yet to be dissapointed :)

I'm rarely dissapointed in stocks hitting new 52 week highs.

Its up 4%. Its not YTEC or GIGM, Its a huge company. Can't move too fast. Its the trend that matters.

Edited by ogm, 17 October 2007 - 11:50 AM.

#5 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

ed rader

Its up 4%. Its not YTEC or GIGM, Its a huge company. Can't move too fast. Its the trend that matters.

my stocks are up today too but i didn't have great expectations for today like you.

when chambers and barrett see the strongest world economy ever LOB :lol: !

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#6 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Oil to $120?

Lots of froth there.

If this keeps up the consumer is going to get smoked !

What I find funny is how some of the talking heads are now saying $100 oil is GOOD for the economy. I think some of these guys should be locked up. Yeah, $100 oil means the economy is expanding, yada yada yada. I think it's more likely a supply and demand issue.

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

ed rader

my stocks are up today too but i didn't have great expectations for today like you.

when chambers and barrett see the strongest world economy ever LOB :lol: !

ed rader

My expectations were fullfilled. I doubled on the MSFT calls trade, and INTC common is up. The rest is doing fine too. I don't expect any more fast rewards here.

Except maybe PTT trade that I just posted in my blog.