NAV - Re BSE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

NAV, In a post you mentioned that the hedge funds are contributing to the parabolic rise in BSE. I disagree. Based on my conversations with the Silly con valley deshis (can't list them all here), I believe the tech employees of the valley are the biggest contributors of the last meteoric rise. This is their chance to re-live NASDAQ 5000. Just FYI. Also note that the real crack in India stocks was yesterday 10AM PST (check IFN, INFY, SIFY, etc. yesterday). Best, Greenie
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

NAV,

In a post you mentioned that the hedge funds are contributing to the parabolic rise in BSE. I disagree. Based on my conversations with the Silly con valley deshis (can't list them all here), I believe the tech employees of the valley are the biggest contributors of the last meteoric rise.

Best,
Greenie

I don't disagree with you. Those tech folks too are big contributers. Their money is routed thru the Morgan stanleys and the Merill lynches via Participatory notes, which mostly goes into the cash markets. Hedge funds are the big contributers in the derivatives segment.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV