• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:08 AM

Lowest "cushion" in history folks. 3% doesn't give much room for a hiccup or disruption. No matter what the charts say. Go !Go ! USO !
OTIS.

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

I've seen so many charts on crude. With oil it really is about fundamentals. Commodities trade differently than stocks IMO. I would argue there's no spare capacity. We will see global inventories decline this winter with the world at full production. Companies (especially Saudi Arabia) have been drilling everywhere for over two years and yet production has declined slightly. You can look at EIA data for this--and they are not exactly a 'peak oil' organization. I have really slowed down trading and just invested because it's a no-brainer. I've researched and researched and I still can't believe there are so many big money managers not only in denial but completely underexposed to the sector. This is a recipe for a big run over the next few years. World production is at a 'plateua stage' right now and will post very slight declines for a year or two while demand rises. This should be a site to behold. It's really going to change our country over this decade as we are forced to adapt.