Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

And what comes after today?
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

2% correction. Hardly mention. 500 points will get some attention from hte higher being to pump Monday.
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#4 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

I was in cash for my 401K accounts. Had my advisor go to cash last week against his wishes....... I'm glad I did... My trading account 250% short on the Russell. Today should be a good day to day, with a good profit... Barry

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

to ridicule by certain folks

If you mean I ridiculed you, I didn't, I only pointed out that a single day in the seasonal charts is not enough from a statistical point of view or the way you presented it. If you had more cyclical or momentum projections leading to this date, I simply would not point it out... :)

OTOH, they could very well hold the prices up for the expiration purposes and let it fall on Monday, but the speculation went nuts at the close yesterday, it didn't have to, I mean there are just too many factors. That's all...

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:12 PM

to ridicule by certain folks

If you mean I ridiculed you, I didn't, I only pointed out that a single day in the seasonal charts is not enough from a statistical point of view or the way you presented it. If you had more cyclical or momentum projections leading to this date, I simply would not point it out... :)

OTOH, they could very well hold the prices up for the expiration purposes and let it fall on Monday, but the speculation went nuts at the close yesterday, it didn't have to, I mean there are just too many factors. That's all...