Some thoughts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:00 AM

Sentimentwise things worked out the way they should tsp sentiment was on a sell for the third week in a row aaii and low risk were also indicating a sell off I think we are now at a point sentimentwise that really tells us nothing, we could have further downside, but it could also end here -1 per cent A very loose assessment of sentiment is looking at posts here - 9 out of 10 are bearish - reminds me of august I don't thing any move down can be assessed without seeing a move up - interestingly we had several strong moves up last week, but they were all intra-day retracement of sp 500 is still less that 38 per cent - 1497 next support, but we could see a move towards 1.476 (50 per cent retracement), we also have a neckline around here i am looking for a move up around 25/26 - so assume we will get some bottom monday or tuesday followed by retest on a final note, all this happened during opex, so still seems like a manipulated move, once again having nothing at all to do with fundamentals

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

Not a sentiment expert.....but i see a complete lack of fear on this decline.....Seen this before, good for more on the upside....Any post that the top is in?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Yes.

I called the top here the day Tiffany finally opened a retail store on Wall Street and rang the opening bell at the NYSE.

It was a day after the closing high and a day before the print high. (SPX)

Posted Image