Target hit....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

nav, along with the other T/A, we're about 6 1/2 days along from the last low and due for the minor 6/7 day cycle bottom.

aire,

Thanks for that info.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

Already out...at 43.50....my gut is saying something ....it's saying NDX could be topping here... .........flat at the moment

Edited by Teaparty, 30 October 2007 - 01:13 PM.

#13 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

I have to say that even though I see possibility of the market advancing a bit more into and after the Fed, I think the internals are absolutely horrendous. So I'm not particulary optimistic here. Yes, bearishness is pretty high, but we may see another spike of fear, if the Fed does something silly and the market reacts negatively. There is quite a bit of room to drop here, and not much room to run on the leaders. Frankly I don't even know who the leaders are anymore :) Wierd market.

#14 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

It's tough to go against NAV and Airedale OGM...but I agree with you..everything I have says short.....or don't be long...more don't be long at this very moment.....staying flat for now....

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

I have to say that even though I see possibility of the market advancing a bit more into and after the Fed, I think the internals are absolutely horrendous.

So I'm not particulary optimistic here.

Yes, bearishness is pretty high, but we may see another spike of fear, if the Fed does something silly and the market reacts negatively.

There is quite a bit of room to drop here, and not much room to run on the leaders. Frankly I don't even know who the leaders are anymore :) Wierd market.

Ogm,

At SPX 1570+, you were wildly bullish stampeding everyone on your way. The internals were bullish then, but were showing divergences suggesting a pullback. The time to hedge was then. But after a 80 point selloff on SPX, you come at the bottom and say internals are bad and you are hedging. Aren't internals always good at the tops and bad as we creep out of the bottom?

Internals are the way it should be as move out of a bottom, IMO. When the NYSE 5% and 10% components are both above the zero line, it's hard to get bearish.

Now didja remove that old bear suit that you had hidden in your closet for the last few months :lol: Just kidding.

Edited by NAV, 30 October 2007 - 01:44 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#16 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

I'm not really super bearish, I think if we get a decline of a decent size it should be bought. And I'll be a buyer. But I'm about 25% short now, and reduced longs today too. This is a difficult market, thats for sure. Hard to call with certainty.

#17 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

ogm your whole personality has changed, your enthusiasm has changed, much more mellow, and listening a whole lot more have you been spending too much time with a woman lately may i suggest a trip to vegas ;-)

#18 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

ogm your whole personality has changed, your enthusiasm has changed, much more mellow, and listening a whole lot more

have you been spending too much time with a woman lately

may i suggest a trip to vegas ;-)

The market has changed :)

#19 ken29

ken29

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

Funny when the market was moving up, the bears were attacking OGM for being bullish...........now, its the bulls turn to attack OGM for being too cautious :P

#20 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

I seem to remember being attacked when I was bearish at the recent top...