markets can go higher - my thoughts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

Here are my thoughts. I see everything that the other bears are seeing. The internals are weak, banks and brokers collapsing, AAPL, GOOG and other leaders are extremely overbought, SOX breaking down, but thats what every bear around the world sees. Before going down, the market needs to shake them out. Here is the master plan: 1. Next IT decline in SPX will be on rising dollar. Dollar is ready to put in a bottom. Sentimentwise, everyone in the world now thinks dollar will be trashed. 2. Before dollar puts a high-order bottom, it needs to have a large down day. We have not seen that yet. 3. That decline in dollar will push SPX up to 1620. With that 1,2,3 punch, every bear will figure out that dollar is going to 0 and SPX to infinity. They will decide to stay out of this madness called shorting, and decide to buy gold, oil, etc. instead. Which sectors will take SPX to 1620? Banks, brokers, SOX and REITs, the ones which are oversold. Tech will lag in this round. So hail CFC, our new leader :) :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

I'm sure you're applying some kind of reverse psychology here, bercause not fopr a second I beleive that you're even remotely bullish :) Civil war in California, my a$$ :D But that reminds me... time to short some gold. Thatnks for the reminder ;)

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

I'm sure you're applying some kind of reverse psychology here, bercause not fopr a second I beleive that you're even remotely bullish :)

Civil war in California, my a$$ :D

But that reminds me... time to short some gold.

Thatnks for the reminder ;)

I do not think SPX going to 1600 this week will prevent civil war in California.....all depends on the time frame that you are trading.

:redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

#4 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

Here are my thoughts. I see everything that the other bears are seeing. The internals are weak, banks and brokers collapsing, AAPL, GOOG and other leaders are extremely overbought, SOX breaking down, but thats what every bear around the world sees. Before going down, the market needs to shake them out. Here is the master plan:

1. Next IT decline in SPX will be on rising dollar. Dollar is ready to put in a bottom. Sentimentwise, everyone in the world now thinks dollar will be trashed.

2. Before dollar puts a high-order bottom, it needs to have a large down day. We have not seen that yet.

3. That decline in dollar will push SPX up to 1620.

With that 1,2,3 punch, every bear will figure out that dollar is going to 0 and SPX to infinity. They will decide to stay out of this madness called shorting, and decide to buy gold, oil, etc. instead.

Which sectors will take SPX to 1620? Banks, brokers, SOX and REITs, the ones which are oversold. Tech will lag in this round.

So hail CFC, our new leader :)

:redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

i agree with your assesment on the mkt but it wont be led by the laggers...it will continue to be lead by the five ndx stocks and metals...

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

greenie Like ogm says you are sooooooooo out of character with that bull you are slinging............... :lol: Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

if he.s joking then the jokes on him.....if not then its all part of the predicted recognition wave.......(~)^(~)

Edited by da_cheif, 30 October 2007 - 06:42 PM.

#7 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

if he.s joking then the jokes on him.....if not then its all part of the predicted recognition wave.......(~)^(~)

chief, I am honored to have you comment on my thread :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

He sure is , Cheif. Unfortunately unwashed have no clue what he is taking about. Too many are speaking in parables --- maybe its a sign, or maybe not. At least with you, one knows where you stand, so there is very little confusion and disinformation being created.

#9 Pabst

Pabst

• Traders-Talk User
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

I'm short 500's but everything Greenie says, in jest or not, could be the reality moving forward. Look at a chart of C from the Fed eases in 1998. To this day it's NEVER filled in it's levels from either the Oct or Nov FOMC cuts. Citi's chart from 98 is very close to it's 2007 look. What if Asia's "inevitable" selloff is a year or more away. What if NDX motors through the 2000's with similar velocity as it did on the way up and down through these levels 5-7 years ago. I'm hoping it's different this time but bottom line: I'm yet to see a bona fide smash while rates are moving lower. The market's not just cheap on an absolute basis but on a relative basis. Us shorts are bucking the odds.
Free market's for free men!

#10 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

"I'm yet to see a bona fide smash while rates are moving lower" How long have you been trading?