• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

Now i understand why Denleo is bearish :D

If OIL $1000 and Uranium $20000 didn't scare you, this one should....

http://financialsens.../2007/1029.html

Edited by NAV, 30 October 2007 - 10:56 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

dollar near term support @75
vitaminm

#3 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

I'm wondering if enough American's will ever stand up and protest the actions of the Fed and Gummint. After all, if the $USD declines to 40, all of us will have lost 50% of our buying power.... same as if we'd been robbed!
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

robbery it is and most will never see it coming and never saw it coming

#5 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:41 PM

I'm wondering if enough American's will ever stand up and protest the actions of the Fed and Gummint.

After all, if the $USD declines to 40, all of us will have lost 50% of our buying power.... same as if we'd been robbed!

we been robbed hb of that there is no doubt
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

I'm wondering if enough American's will ever stand up and protest the actions of the Fed and Gummint.

After all, if the $USD declines to 40, all of us will have lost 50% of our buying power.... same as if we'd been robbed!

If they have not protested for the last 70 years, what makes you think they will now B)

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:22 AM

Let me ask you folks a simple question. Dollar index rallied nearly 50% from 1993 bottom to 2002. That surely wasn't a goverment or Fed robbery. If today we call this slide in dollar as robbery, then it must have been money in pocket in a hidden way during that era. Yet America went on one of the greatest credit binges in history, during that time. So the bottomline - Dollar goes up, folks borrow and blame the government ; Dollar goes down, folks borrow and blame the government. It's not the dollar that's the problem. It's the gigantic debt that the baby boomers have acquired over the last 25 years which is the problem. And you can bet your last dollar that the goverment will sacrifice the dollar to prevent that mountain load of debt from imploding. Well, even if the dollar rallies here, it's not gonna solve the debt problem. The debt strapped folks will implode even more miserably, if dollar becomes dearer. Financial planning 101 - Keep yourself out of debt. Anything else is financially irresponsible.

#8 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:38 AM

Let me ask you folks a simple question. Dollar index rallied nearly 50% from 1993 bottom to 2002. That surely wasn't a goverment or Fed robbery. If today we call this slide in dollar as robbery, then it must have been money in pocket in a hidden way during that era. Yet America went on one of the greatest credit binges in history, during that time.

So the bottomline - Dollar goes up, folks borrow and blame the government ; Dollar goes down, folks borrow and blame the government. It's not the dollar that's the problem. It's the gigantic debt that the baby boomers have acquired over the last 25 years which is the problem. And you can bet your last dollar that the goverment will sacrifice the dollar to prevent that mountain load of debt from imploding. Well, even if the dollar rallies here, it's not gonna solve the debt problem. The debt strapped folks will implode even more miserably, if dollar becomes dearer.

Financial planning 101 - Keep yourself out of debt. Anything else is financially irresponsible.

fewer were complaining in the '90s..survey of folks sentiment was highest positive and lowest negative in '90s with '97 being the peak. Since 2000, the negatives have risen and consistently stayed high. Why would folks complain if the dollar went up? Folks do not complain when they borrow..they only complain when they have to pay back :D

#9 Doug

Doug

• Traders-Talk User
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

The US dollar has now dropped to the bottom of its parallel down-channel for price action since the October 2006 high. The dollar being oversold (and way under-loved--bearish sentiment is at an extreme) and bullish divergences I would think it's going to be very difficult to sell the dollar any further. It won't take much of a rally now to break its uptrend line. I checked out the Commitment of Traders (COT) report on the euro and it shows a very large difference between the commercials (smart money) who are net short the euro (bullish the dollar) while non-commercials are very long the euro (nearly 3:1) meaning bearish the dollar. It doesn't usually pay to bet against the commercials.

Regards,

#10 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image

The US dollar has now dropped to the bottom of its parallel down-channel for price action since the October 2006 high. The dollar being oversold (and way under-loved--bearish sentiment is at an extreme) and bullish divergences I would think it's going to be very difficult to sell the dollar any further. It won't take much of a rally now to break its uptrend line. I checked out the Commitment of Traders (COT) report on the euro and it shows a very large difference between the commercials (smart money) who are net short the euro (bullish the dollar) while non-commercials are very long the euro (nearly 3:1) meaning bearish the dollar. It doesn't usually pay to bet against the commercials.

Regards,

From the Jan 07 high the dollar futures are in an extended wave five free fall with 73 the next support. From 73 a bounce to 76/78 would be expected.

Best,
Larry
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)