Giant Interactive IPO today. (GA)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'm in. The rest of the market looks like crap, though.

#2 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

OG, I know you liked BAC before, what now?
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

BAC burned me for a little bit of money. I still like it, but I don't think its going anywhere any time soon.

Momentum on weekly/monthly isn't good.

#4 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

BAC burned me for a little bit of money. I still like it, but I don't think its going anywhere any time soon.

Momentum on weekly/monthly isn't good.

Yeah, looks like the dust may take some time to settle.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

I think this is a very dangerous market to pick stocks long right now. I think you can go with China stuff, and some medical/ defensive stuff. MYL looks good here for example.

#6 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for that heads up. I lost track of MYL. It used to be part of my scan. Pharmaceutical sector has really not gotten any respect for a long time and wondering if you think now would be a good time for entry into a fund like FPHAX for say 3 month to 1 year time horizon for a big trade $$ or 5 year time horizon for a small investment. Disclaimer: not asking for investment advice, just want to know what you think of the sector in general.

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for that heads up. I lost track of MYL. It used to be part of my scan. Pharmaceutical sector has really not gotten any respect for a long time and wondering if you think now would be a good time for entry into a fund like FPHAX for say 3 month to 1 year time horizon for a big trade $$ or 5 year time horizon for a small investment.

Disclaimer: not asking for investment advice, just want to know what you think of the sector in general.

Sector in general is weak. Too competitive. But MYL insiders are buying, so its good for me. Earnings look decent too. That said, I'd put a stop at the lows somewhere, because the trend in it is still to the downside.

Another good looking stock is PRVT. Acting very nicely in this environment. Also somewhat recession proof with good growth story and insider buying. Now that one is actually gaining momentum.

#8 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

Sweet will look at it. Take a look at WM. Yielding 8%, I know you like those high yields.

#9 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

My best idea atm is LDK.. I think the company got stomped into the ground for BS reasons. The stock started coming back to life now. I bought a bunch under 40. Also just picked up SPRD .. fresh off the hot lists. Both Chineese companies. Also take a look at TSL, the stock is breaking out of a triangle on good momentum.

Edited by ogm, 01 November 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#10 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

My best idea atm is LDK.. I think the company got stomped into the ground for BS reasons. The stock started coming back to life now.

I bought a bunch under 40.

Also just picked up SPRD .. fresh off the hot lists.

Both Chineese companies.

Also take a look at TSL, the stock is breaking out of a triangle on good momentum.

I like the chart both on LDK and TSL. Will look for good entry. SPRD is bumping against 50 DMA, possible break above that will be good buying time.