Trade what U see not have a hunch and bet a bunch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hedgehawk

hedgehawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

I read many of your posts as you went short or long pre fed announcement. I was surprised how many seasoned vets on this board took that trade. How any of you expected to make money off of that play was beyond me. The fed funds futures were like 70% for .25 cut and that was priced into the market. So apparently you guyz were playing the bias statement which could have said anything. The market sinks 100 pnts right after the announcement. So the 100 pnt immediate take down was to shake out folks who bet long and also suck in new bear cub shorts. Then they take it up 130 pnts to chop some heads off and suck in new baby bulls only to turn them into ground chuck the next morning and they take it down 350 pnts. My point is that trying to trade the FED is futile. I hope yall learned ur lesson. Much higher % trades out there. Use your reason.

#2 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

Are summarizing what happened since yesterday? What's your point?

#3 hedgehawk

hedgehawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

Playing an event like the FED is not a sustainable way to make money. Odds are pretty good even if your right you will lose money.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

My point is that trying to trade the FED is futile.

What's your point?

I believe that Mr. HedgeHawk made his point quite clear.

Let's try it another way:

If one is to trade fundamentally, you will learn that most of this is nothing but an exercise in uselessness.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:16 AM

point taken ;p