• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

as we inflate our problems away.... :( No wonder gold diverged a bit from the market and didn't go down that much. Fed keeps this up and gold willblow right thru 800. :D PS Credit problems ? what credit problems ? Lost in all the news today was Chryslers slashing another 12,000 jobs. So I'm at Chrysler HQ in Auburn hills today when the announcement was made. Go figure ? :blink:
OTIS.

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Fed
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

The Fed's Tough love... but the options players are optimistic - ISEE calls to open closed higher than yesterday at 144 vs 113 - go figure. klh

Edited by dasein, 01 November 2007 - 09:09 PM.

best,
klh

#4 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

42 billion expired today. While it is true that temporary reserves have been running higher on average than they were several months ago, the Fed actually drained 1 billion in liquidity today.

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks Iblayz, Roger and I were too cryptic, but thats what I meant by tough love - it was a drain...
best,
klh

#6 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

42 billion expired today. While it is true that temporary reserves have been running higher on average than they were several months ago, the Fed actually drained 1 billion in liquidity today.

Correct, they actually drained 1.5 Billion liquidity today. The press never reports what expired, only what was added making it seem like the FED is really helping.

Edited by LarryT, 01 November 2007 - 09:30 PM.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#7 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

Yep. I keep a spreadsheet on that. I hadn't looked at the numbers since this morning. In my head I remembered the float at 48 billion instead of 48.5 billion. The 48 was yesterday's float. I had gone to two sites and seen two posts about the huge injection today.....well there was a huge expiration today....even Briefing reports the daily Fed operations now....but they never mention the expirations.

#8 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:15 AM

Yep. I keep a spreadsheet on that. I hadn't looked at the numbers since this morning. In my head I remembered the float at 48 billion instead of 48.5 billion. The 48 was yesterday's float. I had gone to two sites and seen two posts about the huge injection today.....well there was a huge expiration today....even Briefing reports the daily Fed operations now....but they never mention the expirations.

I sent CNBC an email telling them to stop lying to the public as they only report the add not the expire, should report the NET. On many days the NET was a drain and Maria would be orgasmic over the HUGE liquidity injection today.
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)