RE CPC CHART TRADING

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

With the SPIKE lower in the CPC on todays OPEN it was a good st trading Opportunity for entering shorts for good reason.

Right now we already have the DEV cross,..which has been looking for an ease of momentum to the upside.

The cross comes when the MA or MAs cross and move back inside the bolli-bands. We are still waiting however for the

confirmation signal on the chart that a bullish trend has ended and a bearish one is about to begin.

That again comes with the cross above of the bolli mid-line (or ma).

While we wait we can still trade this chart,.. and the market. As mentioned the bullish mo- mo

area of the chart has signaled it has eased,.. and with that we can again short the market on any spikes lower

in the CPC like we saw this morning. As the trend change is not confirmed yet,... we should be prudent and

exit those short on any spikes higher near 1.0 for the CPC,..just like we saw at the close yesterday.

So you exited shorts at the close and you re-entered at the open. Real aggressive trading had you exit shorts

yesterday and FLIP LONG (because remember the new trend is not confirmed) ....and this am's SPIKE had

you exit those LONGS and FLIP SHORT.

chart to follow ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 06 November 2007 - 11:03 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

thanks

#3 Getting-Smarter

Getting-Smarter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

With the SPIKE lower in the CPC on todays OPEN it was a good st trading Opportunity for entering shorts for good reason.

Right now we already have the DEV cross,..which has been looking for an ease of momentum to the upside.

The cross comes when the MA or MAs cross and move back inside the bolli-bands. We are still waiting however for the

confirmation signal on the chart that a bullish trend has ended and a bearish one is about to begin.

That again comes with the cross above of the bolli mid-line (or ma).

While we wait we can still trade this chart,.. and the market. As mentioned the bullish mo- mo

area of the chart has signaled it has eased,.. and with that we can again short the market on any spikes lower

in the CPC like we saw this morning. As the trend change is not confirmed yet,... we should be prudent and

exit those short on any spikes higher near 1.0 for the CPC,..just like we saw at the close yesterday.

So you exited shorts at the close and you re-entered at the open. Real aggressive trading had you exit shorts

yesterday and FLIP LONG (because remember the new trend is not confirmed) ....and this am's SPIKE had

you exit those LONGS and FLIP SHORT.

chart to follow ;)

Dev

Hi, new to board. Not nearly as advanced as all of you, but curious about $cpc chart. Here is one, and another cross occurring. How do you know which ones to act off of, sorry not understanding your chart totally. TIA

http://img136.images...82942051hh2.png
Kim

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Dev

Hi, new to board. Not nearly as advanced as all of you, but curious about $cpc chart. Here is one, and
another cross occurring. How do you know which ones to act off of, sorry not understanding your chart totally. TIA

http://img136.images...82942051hh2.png
Kim

Hi Kim
Your chart's nice but it's not yet set with the important Bollinger band setting that can add more benefits.

I think tighter bands enhances your reading the chart at both highs and lows, as price enters and exits

momentum areas of the MA range it just easier to see. At this time there are no momentum areas on the
chart to feed off of.

Posted Image

To address your question, since the MAs have now crossed over to the upside,...

and today we see a spike Low in the CPC it tells me that this is a decent short entry point.

Now as mentioned before the MAs can cross down again to double bottom... as they have yet to confirm any
kind of trend change.

To confirm the trend change, the catch 22 is,... it will take several more day to get the CPC to trend high

enough to create this,...in the mean time it is likely that the CPC will whip -saw from highs +1.0 or greater, to lows .79 or lower.

This is telling me to try and trade shorter term and no holding longs ...or even much short overnight.

With a fresh strategy or position each day we can easily play against the oscillations of the actual CPC for daily profits.

So if it stays down here going into the close,.....I would again exit any longs and even place a small short

for the next open. IF it open Up again tomorrow and we have a lower CPC I would add to the short position.

It's never just black or white ya know.

A lower CPC for a few days may bring the MAs to cross lower and provide the first reject of the bolli mid-line,

this is a common occurrence. First or second challenges to the mid-line often confirms the trend is changing.

It is beneficial to anticipate this action by also watching a short term oscillator for any clues

as the actual trend-change day,.. is usually very violent and one I always like to catch!

best

Edited by Mr Dev, 06 November 2007 - 02:29 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#6 Getting-Smarter

Getting-Smarter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Dev

I need to read through tis a few times so I can figure it out, later when I have no distractions. I have tried various BB settings and cannot get the smooth, close ones you have. Would you mind sharing those settings please if it is something you dont mind doing?

Need to digest what you have said and work with it a little.

TIA

#7 Getting-Smarter

Getting-Smarter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

Dev

I need to read through tis a few times so I can figure it out, later when I have no distractions. I have tried various BB settings and cannot get the smooth, close ones you have. Would you mind sharing those settings please if it is something you dont mind doing?

Need to digest what you have said and work with it a little.

TIA

I did closer bands but not right
Posted Image