He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

This is amazing stuff.
If it's printed somewhere, it must be true.
And there is always a "conspiracy" by medical companies or doctors who don't want to be put out of business.

A friend of ours had all of the terrible symptoms caused by silicone breast implants including fibromyalgia, hot flashes, low energy, occasional headaches, sleeplessness and overall bitchiness.

The problem was...she didn't have silicone implants!
Too bad for her.
She could have sued!

#3 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

One of the biggest ethichal pickles I was ever placed in was when a good friend asked me to provide expert medical advice in his wife's case regarding the fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc. "caused" by his wife's implants (which she actually had). The problem was I did not believe ANY of her symptoms were due to the implants... That's when I realized I should have been a lawyer or a politician. My "expert" analysis was so laden with the utmost of vagueness that either side could have claimed I was on their side (what I did was simply outline blood tests, x-ray results, etc, in a neat presentation, therefore letting the "facts" speak for themselves. But yes, you are right. Newsletters, and now the Internet, read at your own risk. Including this message..... mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice