• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

"further research was needed" ;)

Researchers looked at 500 Israelis who had developed the condition and compared their mobile phone usage with 1,300 healthy controls.
Those who had used the phone against one side of the head for several hours a day were 50% more likely to have developed a salivary gland tumour.
The research appeared in The American Journal of Epidemiology.
But Dr Sadetzki stressed one study was not enough to prove a link, and that further research was needed.

However...

...the largest and longest-running investigation ever to be carried out into mobile phone usage found no increased risk of any sort of cancer.

...20,000 people in Denmark, some of whom had been using a mobile phone for as long as ten years.
There was in fact a lower incidence of cancer than expected in a group of that size, suggesting mobile phones had no impact on the development of tumours.
Ed Yong, of Cancer Research UK, said: "Mobile phones are a relatively recent invention and new research into any possible health risks is welcome.
"However, it's important to remember that the vast majority of studies so far have found that mobile phones do not increase the risk of any type of cancer."

LINK

"further research was needed."
Can anybody say "CASH"?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 February 2008 - 07:11 PM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

Doing anything at all causes cancer reveals study .

Pointless medical studies cause cancer reveals study .

New study reveals Bacon has never given pigs cancer .

Prolonged exposure to twenty four hour news channels can give you cancer according to new study .

Scientists warm against previous advice

Reading satire about cancer causing cancer can cause cancer

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

That study isn't worth spit! :lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

Ah but this is. :) Well, it is to me. Verizon Wireless, ATT and TMobile are all offering unlimited minutes for $99.99 a month. Be still my heart.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

Ah but this is. :) Well, it is to me.

Verizon Wireless, ATT and TMobile are all offering unlimited minutes for $99.99 a month.

Be still my heart.

I'm with Cricket. $40 unlimited. :lol:

I still say the danger from cell phones is not cancer but using them while driving.
My wife knows about that. <_<

Remember the car load of new high school graduates who were killed while the driver was texting her friends?

Road Texting: An Accident Waiting to Happen
Print Version
E-Mail Article
Digg It
Reprints

By John P. Mello Jr.
TechNewsWorld
08/08/07 4:00 AM PT

Psychologists at the University of Utah say their research supports what most consider common sense: that writing and reading text messages while driving a car increases the likelihood of an accident. Specifically, they say texting behind the wheel is 50 percent more dangerous than talking on a cell phone while driving. In another study, 9 out of 10 Americans think road texting should be outlawed.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 February 2008 - 12:03 PM.

#6 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

What's Cricket?
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells