rising inflation

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

today china announced a 7.4% inflation rate This week, for instance, we have the news out of England that families there are now spending an extra £1,300 pounds a year (US$ 2,550) on household items, most notably food and fuel, which, according to an article in the Daily Telegraph, are rising at the briskest pace in 17 years. stuff continues to rise. sooner or later, this will result in much higher gold prices. looking for 1035 by the 1st week in march dharma ps. how long will bond investors continue to accept these low yields?

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

dharma
A couple of charts that IMO show inflation and confirm your commentary. Go gold. :)
Best to you.

DBA has been an unrelenting bull.

http://stockcharts.c...8546&r=3306.png

$TYX is on a buy with 49.59 as major resistance. Back and fill for a bit and once we move past that................

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$TYX&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p69337308546&r=2136.png
Peace
johngeorge

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:18 PM

jg, nice charts. take a look @the crb. my buy signal friday on the close(posted on the thread below), says we have the potential to go to 1035 by the 1st week in march. juniors will surprise @some point in the future. awaiting the publics arrival in the sector. the dollar is toast. dharma

#4 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

jg, nice charts.

Thank you dharma.

take a look @the crb. my buy signal friday on the close(posted on the thread below), says we have the potential to go to 1035 by the 1st week in march. juniors will surprise @some point in the future. awaiting the publics arrival in the sector. the dollar is toast.

Yes, I read your post on the crb. Regards the metal price, jrs., and the dollar I cant agree more with you. As you so aptly put it......stay buckled up. :D
Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

stagflation is here. xau has run into stiff resistance from gann angles down from the highs. it has been pushing against it on my hourly and daily charts since yesterday. once that goes 192 comes into play, then the highs come into play. i think the resistance will be broken soon. dharma

#6 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

stagflation is here.
xau has run into stiff resistance from gann angles down from the highs. it has been pushing against it on my hourly and daily charts since yesterday. once that goes 192 comes into play, then the highs come into play. i think the resistance will be broken soon.
dharma

dharma
Below is a daily chart of the XAU. I drew a purple line across the chart @192 resistance for a visual aide. The chart automatically updates. Go gold. :)

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XAU&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&i=p32477227121&r=9097.png
Peace
johngeorge

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

resistance is now support. and 187.16 cleared too. now looking for 192. musharraf lost! destabilizing in pakistan! dharma

Edited by dharma, 20 February 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#8 Rock

Rock

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

Several of my PM juniors are gapping up; yesterday and today. I think this sector along with Oil service and uranium are at historic long term buys. All 3 are severely depressed from the latest deflation scare and ready to explode as we swing to stimulated rising markets during the election year = INFLATION ! I read yesterday that China has announced it will dedicate 100 to 200 billion to secure uranium for it's 40 some new nuke plants. Jim Dines may be right. Uranium may be the most highly geared investment ever. Did he say EVER?

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

rock, i think all commodities will be in bull markets. which uranium plays are you watching! thanks dharma

#10 Rock

Rock

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:15 PM

DNN will attract earlier money as one of the world's few producers. Canadian Jrs. I like: KRI, STM, HAT, JNN