SPX projected target 1680 by the end of the year

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

Yes i was bullish at the top, cuz i am a trend trader and i will be bearish at the bottoms for the same reason. I have seen these top/bottom picking antics from you and many other traders. Tops and bottoms don't happen cuz a-ha bought or sold the market. I am not a genius like you who predicted the bear market 1 year ahead and fought it all the way up. Heck you were wrong day in day out for a long time than i care to remember. So stop giving me that crap. My IT calls and LT calls are all in my blog, open to everyone's scrutiny and critique. Go read it. I have nothing to hide and i don't shutdown my blog. I ask you a simple question and you answer everything except my question and call me a bipolar momo trader. Seems like everyone is getting edgy on this board.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

I guess the system will be clogged with bulls and the 400 points projection won't be hit either, just like your 1035 projection. The fact of the matter is you make these almost panic calls in either direction while the market reaches somewhere logical in between, talk about bipolar...

A bipolar trader insists on one thing despite the market indicates otherwise. I am changing here based on what I see. But evidently you are not. When I make these calls publicly, I know there are millions like you on the other side. That is the pleasure I get because soon after, millions of sheeps run to the direction I indicate. A priceless feeling !

#13 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

Are you sure he didn't mean 0861? :lol: Seriously, though, that's not as crazy as you guys think. In fact, the fact that so many think it is suggests that folks are blind to the liquidity that's out there. There's a real potential for disaster, to be sure and the market is discounting that...the market HAS been discounting it. Meanwhile more and more cash gets pumped and there's more and more on the sidelines even as more and more fundamentalists get short and full of themselves. If they do what I think that they'll do, then they'll be fuel for a BIG rally once this fear of ill defined credit risk goes away. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#14 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

I am not even short, I am trying to buy. :lol: My call was very simple; 8 wk low within a day or two and a multi-week bounce into April and the actual low around June, which may or may not be a lower or higher low, who cares anyway. But I am not projecting 400 points up from here. That's all... Read my posts before calling me part of the million sheep... (edit: I told you to clear your PM, I was going to send you a chart, but you never did, my projection is accurate here, there are enough witness on this board)

Edited by arbman, 17 March 2008 - 10:24 AM.

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

Edgy. Guys, cut each other some slack, please. Play nice and watch the name calling and baiting. Okay? Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

There's a real potential for disaster, to be sure and the market is discounting that...the market HAS been discounting it. Meanwhile more and more cash gets pumped and there's more and more on the sidelines even as more and more fundamentalists get short and full of themselves.

This is the exact reason there will be probably another low. I think almost all of the market participants are seeing market that fails to go down on the bad news and they will turn bullish rather rapidly.

#17 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

I guess the system will be clogged with bulls and the 400 points projection won't be hit either, just like your 1035 projection. The fact of the matter is you make these almost panic calls in either direction while the market reaches somewhere logical in between, talk about bipolar...

A bipolar trader insists on one thing despite the market indicates otherwise. I am changing here based on what I see. But evidently you are not. When I make these calls publicly, I know there are millions like you on the other side. That is the pleasure I get because soon after, millions of sheeps run to the direction I indicate. A priceless feeling !

Bipolar or not bipolar, it does make sense to me, if you will be more clear on where your stop losses are positioned
You are fully leveraged and down 4% from your long entry points (on ES)

You are loosing credibility on this board, posting trash things

Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

The market is around 12/10 2007.

Posted Image

The bullishness will go down to 10-15% before the summer rally kicks in until Oct or beyond...

This is only the initial phase where the real damage is really being told or near a bottom.

I do not use sentiment, it is built into the cycles.

Edited by arbman, 17 March 2008 - 10:49 AM.

#19 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

Insider

I don't think anyone on this thread is losing credibility. Not yet anyway. From the peanut gallery it looks like some very knowledgable guys are having a throw down but that's it. It's tense right now. Personally I'm amazed at how many people keep asking Atilla (every 1/2 day) whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do? He gave the log chart of the NDX that defines his trade and said a small breach doesn't count. Even I can follow that chart. On a weekly close, it's still in tact.

J

p.s. I think anyone who HAS to know what Atilla is doing must be riding his coat tails or is interested in the demise of his reputation here. He never gave any advice to anyone.

#20 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Insider

I don't think anyone on this thread is losing credibility. Not yet anyway. From the peanut gallery it looks like some very knowledgable guys are having a throw down but that's it. It's tense right now. Personally I'm amazed at how many people keep asking Atilla (every 1/2 day) whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do? He gave the log chart of the NDX that defines his trade and said a small breach doesn't count. Even I can follow that chart. On a weekly close, it's still in tact.

J

p.s. I think anyone who HAS to know what Atilla is doing must be riding his coat tails or is interested in the demise of his reputation here. He never gave any advice to anyone.

Look at the title of this topic "SPX projected target 1680 by the end of the year"

This looks trash to me

Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200