• 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

Thanks much IYB. Much appreciated...

#12 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

Thanks Don. Something eventually has to start all of the moving averages cascading in the opposite direction. Speaking of cascading, I thought that the 7S signals could "cascade" (ie signal sequentially) rather than signal "simultaneously", as long as eash signal maintains its conversion.

Edited by spielchekr, 23 March 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#13 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Don. Something eventually has to start all of the moving averages cascading in the opposite direction. Speaking of cascading, I thought that the 7S signals could "cascade" (ie signal sequentially) rather than signal "simultaneously", as long as eash signal maintains its conversion.

Exactly- something turns the market around; the SS's just reflect that in visual form. They can (and usually do) move sequentially, but all seven must finally agree simultaneously to produce a signal.....good trading, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#14 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

Thanks Don...what exactly does all going to buy simultaneously mean? on THE same day? or +/- some number of days? also, in today's example, a sell which you didn't take...can they go into a sell when the MA turn down? or not at all on this signal since it didn't happen at once?

#15 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$TNX&p=M&st=1990-11-02&i=p39824939501.png
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds