the gold stocks

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

this morning, i am sensing (fwiw) a shift in the market. its like folks woke up and realized that mining is a good biz. we closed yesterday in resistance in xau/hui and we are @least temporarily over it. make no mistake mining @these gold/silver prices is profitable, very profitable. and that fact will not be lost on the professional investors. we will know that we are closer to the end when the cats and dogs start getting mojo, we are a ways from that. @some gold price in the future, juniors will be taken over by the majors. the juniors are a cheaper way to expand production. they have proven reserves. and @present they are under loved and under valued. if one looks @pmpix for example one can see that since september a big consolidation or base has been built for the next upmove. obviously there in the xau/hui. i am keeping my target @980-1k, due to several factors, seasonal being one and this cycle is over the end of june. but after that 1250 is in the cards. buy weakness in the sector, gold will get taken behind the woodshed until it goes parabolic. the wisdom of owning gold is becoming more and more apparent, but still not front and center. remember this is a process and takes time. holding on, your rewards will be better than you think. for those who trade individual issues auy traded @185 in 97 its @16+ gbn traded @ 35 its @ 3+ there are other gems out there. hunt! bukckle up and keep your arms and legs in the vehicle dharma

#2 RZedge

RZedge

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

this morning, i am sensing (fwiw) a shift in the market. its like folks woke up and realized that mining is a good biz. we closed yesterday in resistance in xau/hui and we are @least temporarily over it. make no mistake mining @these gold/silver prices is profitable, very profitable. and that fact will not be lost on the professional investors. we will know that we are closer to the end when the cats and dogs start getting mojo, we are a ways from that. @some gold price in the future, juniors will be taken over by the majors. the juniors are a cheaper way to expand production. they have proven reserves. and @present they are under loved and under valued. if one looks @pmpix for example one can see that since september a big consolidation or base has been built for the next upmove. obviously there in the xau/hui. i am keeping my target @980-1k, due to several factors, seasonal being one and this cycle is over the end of june. but after that 1250 is in the cards. buy weakness in the sector, gold will get taken behind the woodshed until it goes parabolic. the wisdom of owning gold is becoming more and more apparent, but still not front and center. remember this is a process and takes time. holding on, your rewards will be better than you think.
for those who trade individual issues
auy traded @185 in 97 its @16+
gbn traded @ 35 its @ 3+
there are other gems out there. hunt! bukckle up and keep your arms and legs in the vehicle
dharma

Dharma-
I own some GBN @ $3. It's up 20% since I bought it a couple weeks ago. That being said individual stocks can be risky for big investments. Do you know of a good fund that represents a basket of these stronger jrs? Thanks-RZ

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

really quiet around here? everyone in disbelief? i am not an advisor! i share my thoughts. dharma

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

I'm not quiet. Haven't been for several days.

Gold Stock Charts

Wish I hadn't dropped a few of my stocks on the first blast-off but still very long GDX.

Best to you.

I don't know of any funds that are exclusively juniors but GDX has a scattering of big and small.

http://stockcharts.c...4367&r=9009.png

http://stockcharts.c...21696&r=598.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

dharma i am long and have been aldding jrs all week. I closed 50% of my senior position early 2 days ago. I see a pullback of 10-15% in store here starting 24th turn date... the jrs are starting to move imo. it is about a year overdue... i would love to start a thread of charts of peoples favorite jrs.

#6 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

really quiet around here? everyone in disbelief? i am not an advisor! i share my thoughts. dharma

hey dharma, ive been pounding the table on silver stocks for the past 2 weeks now !

but very few responses, oh well. long GLD, SLV from last Friday's breakout but will be selling into next resistance.

Edited by beta, 21 May 2008 - 12:41 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

some times, i think no responses is the nature of posting! :D B) . it is still very early for the juniors, i dont know what price it will take for the large caps to start a buying spree and that will be the kickoff to the juniors getting some play. we are not there yet, but we are close. the xau/hui are correcting interday. next week, should start a correction. then, up for the balance of june. ones horizons when playing this sector has to be @least a couple of years. i have been holding, not trading since the 05 lows. i expect to be holding a couple more years. the trend is indeed your friend!!! watch crude oil it is the point man. dharma :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

#8 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

some times, i think no responses is the nature of posting! :D B) . it is still very early for the juniors, i dont know what price it will take for the large caps to start a buying spree and that will be the kickoff to the juniors getting some play. we are not there yet, but we are close. the xau/hui are correcting interday. next week, should start a correction. then, up for the balance of june. ones horizons when playing this sector has to be @least a couple of years. i have been holding, not trading since the 05 lows. i expect to be holding a couple more years. the trend is indeed your friend!!! watch crude oil it is the point man. dharma :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

certainly seems that way. did you see oil? i think it may be toppingout soon. if she corrects, i can see gold going down too, but the gold stocks should ROCKET at this juncture.

LAUNCH PAD WAVE THREE IT LOOKS LIKE SO FAR!!
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#9 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

dharma:

Great article by David Gallan on the JRs:

http://www.safehaven...ticle-10271.htm

stubaby

#10 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Fwiw, SLW shot up to 15.46 this morning on strong volume but came back down. If it could hold above 15.50 for a couple of hours, it should be off to the races. uh