primary wave 3 up

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

I am assuming that most on this board agree with Tim Ords wave count?

http://www.traders-t...?...ost&id=8347

he indicates that we are entering now a Primary Wave 3 up.

If true it implies that this should be the most powerful and persistent wave up of the entire bull market (according to elliottwave theory).

Si ?

#2 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

tradesurfer: The next move up is probably Wave 3 within the 1st Wave Up of Primary Wave 3. The culmination of this 1st Wave Up will "tell the tale" of the upside targets of Primary Wave 3. Based on the character and strength of the initial move off of the lows - I expect Primary Wave 3 to be a mutiple of Primary Wave 1. stubaby

#3 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

Before getting too excited, I suggest you go back and review Tim Ord's July 08 update in which he wrote this:

"From the August 2007 low the XAU began a rally that lasted
in March 2008. The weekly Price Relative to Gold ratio has jumped above the red downtrend line
back in late April and has triggered a buy signal by that method and that buy signal remains in force. We
have a minimum upside target near 320 on the XAU and could do much more then that. We remain
bullish on the XAU on the bigger time frames and we are long the XAU from 12/18/07 at 162.05."

In other words, Ord's model MISSED the late-summer PM crash.

It appears he stayed long in XAU throughout the entire 40% decline (and 32% draw-down in his portfolio) from July-Sept.

Hmmmm ....

Edited by beta, 27 September 2008 - 03:36 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

beta: past performance is not to be construed as guarantee

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

I am assuming that most on this board agree with Tim Ords wave count?

http://www.traders-t...?...ost&id=8347

he indicates that we are entering now a Primary Wave 3 up.

If true it implies that this should be the most powerful and persistent wave up of the entire bull market (according to elliottwave theory).

Si ?

Or Tim Ord agrees with Senor's count? :D :D Either way this amigo and I see eye to eye.

NO BS

Senor

#6 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Any fool at this point not holding long is totally either a non-technician or just doesnt get investing at all. You might as well give up this game and move on. I am not an Elliot Waver. Holding through the huge move down is a price to be paid. Missing this bull market would be much worse than anything I can think of. Newbies to the game can watch and learn. There will always be another bull market. There is still plenty of time to get involved with this one but if your not in it now it will be nearly impossible for those folks to get aboard later. I'll tell you why later.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

Any fool at this point not holding long is totally either a non-technician or just doesnt get investing at all. You might as well give up this game and move on. I am not an Elliot Waver. Holding through the huge move down is a price to be paid. Missing this bull market would be much worse than anything I can think of. Newbies to the game can watch and learn. There will always be another bull market. There is still plenty of time to get involved with this one but if your not in it now it will be nearly impossible for those folks to get aboard later. I'll tell you why later.

well said!!! Ive been buying selectively recently, more gold stocks above the 200dma....as they say...boolz live above the line bears live below it.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#8 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

And great investors don't need no stinkin lines.

#9 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Forgot to put this.. :lol: :)

#10 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Yes I agree, he has correctly identified 5 Waves up, only trouble is they are Primary Waves.......the Bull Market in Gold and Commodities is over, welcome to Global Recession and Global Deflation. :giveup: World Economy now needs to "de-lever" excesses of the last 10 years......the $usd will rise as the US is ahead of the curve on the process.