U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

:lol:

U.F.O.

http://www.telegraph...-disproved.html

2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved
Looking back over my columns of the past 12 months, one of their major themes was neatly encapsulated by two recent items from The Daily Telegraph.

By Christopher Booker
Last Updated: 5:51PM GMT 27 Dec 2008

Comments 0 | Comment on this article
The first, on May 21, headed "Climate change threat to Alpine ski resorts" , reported that the entire Alpine "winter sports industry" could soon "grind to a halt for lack of snow". The second, on December 19, headed "The Alps have best snow conditions in a generation" , reported that this winter's Alpine snowfalls "look set to beat all records by New Year's Day".

Easily one of the most important stories of 2008 has been all the evidence suggesting that this may be looked back on as the year when there was a turning point in the great worldwide panic over man-made global warming. Just when politicians in Europe and America have been adopting the most costly and damaging measures politicians have ever proposed, to combat this supposed menace, the tide has turned in three significant respects.

First, all over the world, temperatures have been dropping in a way wholly unpredicted by all those computer models which have been used as the main drivers of the scare. Last winter, as temperatures plummeted, many parts of the world had snowfalls on a scale not seen for decades. This winter, with the whole of Canada and half the US under snow, looks likely to be even worse. After several years flatlining, global temperatures have dropped sharply enough to cancel out much of their net rise in the 20th century.

Ever shriller and more frantic has become the insistence of the warmists, cheered on by their army of media groupies such as the BBC, that the last 10 years have been the "hottest in history" and that the North Pole would soon be ice-free – as the poles remain defiantly icebound and those polar bears fail to drown. All those hysterical predictions that we are seeing more droughts and hurricanes than ever before have infuriatingly failed to materialise.

Even the more cautious scientific acolytes of the official orthodoxy now admit that, thanks to "natural factors" such as ocean currents, temperatures have failed to rise as predicted (although they plaintively assure us that this cooling effect is merely "masking the underlying warming trend", and that the temperature rise will resume worse than ever by the middle of the next decade).

Secondly, 2008 was the year when any pretence that there was a "scientific consensus" in favour of man-made global warming collapsed. At long last, as in the Manhattan Declaration last March, hundreds of proper scientists, including many of the world's most eminent climate experts, have been rallying to pour scorn on that "consensus" which was only a politically engineered artefact, based on ever more blatantly manipulated data and computer models programmed to produce no more than convenient fictions.

Thirdly, as banks collapsed and the global economy plunged into its worst recession for decades, harsh reality at last began to break in on those self-deluding dreams which have for so long possessed almost every politician in the western world. As we saw in this month's Poznan conference, when 10,000 politicians, officials and "environmentalists" gathered to plan next year's "son of Kyoto" treaty in Copenhagen, panicking politicians are waking up to the fact that the world can no longer afford all those quixotic schemes for "combating climate change" with which they were so happy to indulge themselves in more comfortable times.

Suddenly it has become rather less appealing that we should divert trillions of dollars, pounds and euros into the fantasy that we could reduce emissions of carbon dioxide by 80 per cent. All those grandiose projects for "emissions trading", "carbon capture", building tens of thousands more useless wind turbines, switching vast areas of farmland from producing food to "biofuels", are being exposed as no more than enormously damaging and futile gestures, costing astronomic sums we no longer possess.

As 2009 dawns, it is time we in Britain faced up to the genuine crisis now fast approaching from the fact that – unless we get on very soon with building enough proper power stations to fill our looming "energy gap" - within a few years our lights will go out and what remains of our economy will judder to a halt. After years of infantile displacement activity, it is high time our politicians – along with those of the EU and President Obama's US – were brought back with a mighty jolt into contact with the real world.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#2 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

NASA reports 2008 is ninth warmest year since 1880
By Renee Schoof, McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — The year 2008 was the ninth warmest year since instrumental temperature measurements began in 1880, and all of the nine warmest years have occurred in the past 11 years, NASA reported on Tuesday.

The new data from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and other government agencies on Tuesday adds to the evidence scientists have been observing about a warming Earth...

NASA also noted that the past year was cooler than any since 2000. Scientists note that global warming is a steady trend, but within it there are natural variations.

The NASA report noted that "Eurasia, the Arctic and the Antarctic Peninsula were exceptionally warm, while much of the Pacific Ocean was cooler than the long-term average." It said the relatively cooler temperature in the tropical Pacific was due to a La Nina, the cool phase of a natural temperature variation.

Britain's Met Office on Tuesday also said that La Nina was part of the reason 2008 was slightly cooler than earlier years this decade. By Britain's accounting, 2008 was the 10th warmest year on record dating back to 1850, and all 10 of the warmest years occurred since 1997.

http://news.yahoo.co...clatchy/3124855

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

Yes, really! I have never believed global warming, if present, is man made. No one ever answers my first question to "man made" global warming propagandists....what melted several miles thick glaciers circa last ice age? Last ice age happened 10k years ago....there was ZERO man made carbon dioxide then. So there must be very high amplitude temperature cycles caused by combination of sun activity and earth's orbit variations about which we don't have enough recorded data. Man is'nt powerful enough to overcome the almighty Sun. Heck man can't even build any thing significant enough to be visible from orbiting satellites. Only 1 object is barely visible as a very thin line...the Great Wall of China. Man's effect on nature is highly exaggerated.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

global warming is actually responsible for the stock market crash and credit implosion. things should be better now and returning back to "normal" now that it has nearly done all its damage. :P thank you al gore for bringing about global warming. you almost caused the earth to go extinct on us.
OTIS.

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

Newtons law states that every action has an opposite and equal reaction. I guess it is a law of the universe, rather than just gravity. I mean, lets say Teaparty acts like an ignoramous and attacks me verbally for no reason, am I likely to react in the similar way to him? Or if the stock market reaches up very high, likely to drop equally fast, or if I am very hungry I will eat like a pig if and when I find food. Well, it really wouldnt suprise me to find global cooling to happen. The point is that the climate seems to be becoming increasingly unstable. I think this would be difficult to deny. The living hell which would be upon us in truly extreme market conditions will be beyond conprehension...forget about saying hi to your neighbour or buying a four cornered house....join a collective group of equally strong individuals for more chance of survival and prepare to steal your neighbours food and kill him if you have to get it. There will be no law enforcement I can tell you! Women will be weaker, but of course the man will know his personal survival will have more chance in bigger numbers.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#6 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Yep, every opinion expressed on t.v., papers or the internet is a fact :lol: .. this is almost good enough to have come from 'the Onion'. ;) best, Mark.
Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#7 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

There has been NO real argument in the scientific community about global warming, or the fact that it is man made for some time. The rest is chatter.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN.

Unlike the surface-based temperatures, global temperature measurements of the Earth's lower atmosphere obtained from satellites reveal no definitive warming trend over the past two decades. The slight trend that is in the data actually appears to be downward.
LINK

This looks hotter:
Posted Image
New research suggests the temperature stations used to calculate statistics on temperatures in the United States are wrong and show more warming than has actually occurred.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 December 2008 - 02:05 PM.

#9 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

Thx. RD. It's time to take global warming behind the woodshed and shoot it in the head. We've wasted enough time and resources on this non-threat. Not to mention lining the pockets of it's uber liberal, shrill voiced doomsayers. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#10 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Thank goodness no politics are allowed on this board. :huh: ;) :lol: best, Mark.

Edited by entropy, 28 December 2008 - 04:13 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB