Inger: "unwise to chase markets higher"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Mark. Have not heard from Gene since the election when he was long and strong.

"Now, no doubt there's a 'real' (blank) coming and short-interest is lower"

http://www.traders-t...daily-briefing/

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 March 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#2 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

Im not calling an all clear for stocks for 15 days plus to see what is resolution

of pending RUT daily cycle lows but with that approaching tax day may be a late drop in

2nd half of Apr.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:02 PM

inger has nose bleed and fear of heights......no technical reason to call a top here......in fact  the epicenter of primary wave 3 up will find top pickers active just like they have been since 666

#4 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

inger has nose bleed and fear of heights......no technical reason to call a top here......in fact  the epicenter of primary wave 3 up will find top pickers active just like they have been since 666

Well, there are many reasons: GS tanking, % above 200 DMA, stocks overvalued, 8 years of bull is more then mature, rising interest rate, dropping oil etc.
Of course there's no guarantee that it will top here. But chances are good. For bulls speaks only chaseometer..
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

I can't figure why someone who is always long (since 666), would even post on a TRADING site (but ONLY when the market is going up, never on the way down).

And then deride TRADERS like Inger with comments like "nose bleed and fear of heights".

Love him or hate him, at least Gene Inger TRADES, both long and short.

Inger did not call a top but warned about "chasing" the rally that he called for 5 months ago.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 March 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Hear, Hear Roger!!  I think the one thing the perma bulls don't understand is that when someone here is calling for a top maybe its just that a "correction" may be on its way which there have been many since 666.  The market never goes up forever,,, well maybe this time is different lol, swoon.gif107 days now I believe without a -1% down day!

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

anecdotally or casually I think it is thin as I watch the heatmap daily and its only the same handful of stocks every day.

Some will make a multipoint move once in a while and appear to keep the account whole but its a ruse it is not

healthy and that can take you out short term on any given day. So I'll make a determination when and if pending cycle lows 

resolve. What is weird is the cycle low has been pending I think I originally said early Mar and that happened in RUT,

but not really occurred generally yet it keeps right translating so if they can pump

it for end of month 401k money then tax day and keep right translating but mostly treading water, then we'll see when the

cycle low hits. The point is I can lose alot of money in any given stock in a cycle low and I want to have some working capital 

available for it when it occurs. But again I have picked up some crash stocks too that have worked short term

the point is always have working cash available not necessarily a time to be levered up right now.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

I can't figure why someone who is always long (since 666), would even post on a TRADING site (but ONLY when the market is going up, never on the way down).

And then deride TRADERS like Inger with comments like "nose bleed and fear of heights".

Inger did not call a top but warned about "chasing" the rally that he called for 5 months ago.

+10........RD

As per from my original FF from mid-November that the Trump bull should last through

March is still valid. Since 1963 my observation of the markets is that a strong pro-business

president does create a bullish effect for several months, post-election. Trump is more

pro-business than any other I can think of.

However Shiller PE is now at nosebleed levels, so Inger's warning should be heeded. 

Edited by pdx5, 19 March 2017 - 11:18 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

tell you what roger.....i post  my trades when you start posting yours.....

#10 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Mark. Have not heard from Gene since the election when he was long and strong.

"Now, no doubt there's a 'real' (blank) coming and short-interest is lower"

http://www.traders-t...daily-briefing/

Did anyone else just flash back to Match Game when reading this? yes.gif