QQQQ daily

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Long/Short Funds

Long/Short Funds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

It looks good on the chart,,, but doesn't work that way real-time... Still a 3 EMA indicator, only shifted 3 days to the left. Price still has to decline before the indicator turns down. Kind of an optical illusion...
Just an "Old Retired Fart" trying to keep my IRA invested with the market direction.

#22 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

It is an optical illusion. If price doesn't decline, this MA will not turn down. How is this a system??? Denleo

#23 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

we are not talking the actual turn (the turn either happens or it does not...as in the past) we are talking the warning sign provided by price being above the displaced ema... so based on this: one would consider selling QQQQ one would consider selling PANL ..especially when horizontal R was tested on the liftetime one would consider selling CCJ yesterday...note the approx. $10 move from where price moved above the 3 ma's there is no optical illusion about the warning that price currently resides above the displaced ema --------- I have not explained the entire system here...simply pointing out the price vs. MA history...you can read the book if you want to know the system

Edited by hiker, 17 April 2007 - 01:28 PM.

#24 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

we are not talking the actual turn (the turn either happens or it does not...as in the past)

we are talking the warning sign provided by price being above the displaced ema...

so based on this:

one would consider selling QQQQ

one would consider selling PANL ..especially when horizontal R was tested on the liftetime

there is no optical illusion about the warning that price currently resides above the displaced ema

---------

I have not explained the entire system here...simply pointing out the price vs. MA history...you can read the book if you want to know the system

i think they may have missed your specifics the first time,

it should be clear now....posting my hook may have confused things...sorry

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 April 2007 - 01:30 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#25 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

yes, my fault Dev.

I used the words trading system, and then only spoke to a minor aspect of it...the warning sign.

the rest of it requires reading a book.

perhaps I should not have brought this up...

hard to not see some usefulness when looking at all the aspects of all the charts posted.

here is another example of the warning sign, and the outcome in hindsight...at the time $11.50 was tested price was above the displaced 3 ema -

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 17 April 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#26 Long/Short Funds

Long/Short Funds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

I was looking at the indicator,, and not the price,, and missed the point. Sorry about that hiker :blush:
Just an "Old Retired Fart" trying to keep my IRA invested with the market direction.

#27 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

No no it's my fault,... ..I'm the one that referred to it as the leading MA that is not leading,...ie without the hook,... but as you pointed to,.. it is the price relation that may be signaling a caution. there let me take the blame. :P

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#28 ty250

ty250

• Traders-Talk User
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

Interesting, Joe DiNapoli uses a 3 ma shifted 3 bars forward.

#29 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

This thread is an example of what makes TT-FF a great board. Thanks to all.

#30 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

just to add something I'm also noticing a cautionary signal on the Dow about 4 points ago. this could be considered a confirmation of yesterdays signal calling for the Dow to rest,...well that was certainly ignored by the Dow today. Still no cross for the Dow timeframe on the same charts posted above for the RUT & NDX

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 April 2007 - 02:11 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev