QQQQ daily

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

Thanks, Hiker - very generous of you. (Some day I still want to hear about the Silver market of 16 or 17 years ago. :) ) Ciao, Doug

#12 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

Here is the NDX,...now it just turned and is starting to think about it,.. caution tho,.. wait for the cross.

......although,.. there are alarms going off all around me,... for the dang rut,..this place is gettin noisy

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 April 2007 - 12:57 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#13 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

Very cool. It kinda reminds me of the doji outside the bollinger bands means a reversal trick.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#14 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

What is the "shift ema"?

Just so i can try it out on my own system - I of course know the ema

I can see that it says (3, -3) on the chart settings??

Thanks! interesting chart!

we all have our own trading system..this is one I use, and not the only one.

note what price has done in the past following the events when price was above the value of the shift 3 ema during a price advance - it successfully warned of a coming turn down in 5 out of 5 instances, in the time period shown below

Posted Image

#15 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

we all have our own trading system..this is one I use, and not the only one.

note what price has done in the past following the events when price was above the value of the shift 3 ema during a price advance - it successfully warned of a coming turn down in 5 out of 5 instances, in the time period shown below

Ah, how cleveeeer, I used 3 ema just to illustrate even though it is programmed into my customerized indicators, but your point is clever. Thanks

Have you backtested it on various markets and timeframe as well?

I will also keep that in mind.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 17 April 2007 - 01:07 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

relax..Jae Yu has written two books designed for scalping type trades in futures and equities using these MA's with other indicators...

you may want to find the exhaustive explanation in his most recent book why he thinks the shift 3 ema works for certain trade timeframes -

http://www.undergrou...flash_index.cgi

#17 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

Yes, I know, many different methods using ma, but I was wondering whether you backtested it.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 17 April 2007 - 01:08 PM.

#18 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

So,.. with some noisy distraction around me, I go over and check out some of my favorite short term trending

charts.

For the NDX one I've shared in the past is this 1m ndx vix chart (note i also share the vxn) well, this thing

that trended since April 12th buy signal has just crossed for a,... well I wanted to say caution,..you could use as such,.... but it is a sell until it bounces back up.

Which it could do here. Just need to play heads up.

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#19 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

TS..no backtest on my part. I have perhaps used it for over 100 entries and exits in a variety of trades in recent mos. I have not counted...just guessing.

note its usefulness with CCJ turn on weekly ...kind of hard to miss price moving above all 3 ma's..and hard to miss the current warning sign that price resides above the weekly 3 displaced ema -

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 17 April 2007 - 01:10 PM.

#20 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

TS..no backtest on my part. I have perhaps used it for over 100 entries and exits in a variety of trades in recent mos. I have not counted...just guessing.

note its usefulness with CCJ turn on weekly ...kind of hard to miss price moving above all 3 ma's -

Yes, but I already have my system setup with customized indicators and setups, but what you have pointed out is a good visual test as well.

btw, you will see my comment using 3 ema on my past posts, e.g. during Jun-Jul 2006 bottom, to Oct 2006, trending period when I illustrated market momo using 3ema. That was just for making my point that market was trading up during the latter part of 2006.

However, I believe that it is depending on the type of market which could be very dangerous to use the system because in a hyperbole momentum, price will far exceed the displaced 3 ema.

Especially when stocks move with strong run-away gaps with news.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 17 April 2007 - 01:20 PM.