Photo

A lot of excitement after Friday's close. Lets check the charts.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Wow, fluid has gone completely nuts, even "You know who" made an appearance. Only one person missing.

So lets look at the charts and see if this bounce has changed anything on the charts.

Here is russell. Something about this setup looks familiar. Guilty until proven innocent.

Other indexes look similar.

Posted Image

Edited by ogm, 24 August 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Maybe its the momentum setup that makes everyone so excited, and everyone swears not to look at anything but price ever again.

Lets check the momentum setup.

Here is SPX.

Nope. Still looks like crap. All momentum indicators rolled over after making negative divergences. And nothing looks even remotely oversold.

Posted Image

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

It must be the longer term timeframes then.

Ok lets look at the weekly. Clearly this time its different. Isn't it ?

Posted Image

#4 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

HOW CAN YOU OR ANYONE AGRUE AGAINS THE NEW ALL TIME HIGH IN THE CUMMULATIVE SPX 1500 INDEX??

I am genuinely curious how to diagnose you.

Bears are cynical by nature and they like to focus on the negative even in the face of contrary evidence.

the SPX 1500 is very wide, the prices are NOT, I REPEAT NOT, indicating nor confirming any bear market.

This is also an all time high in the price of Tesla, which will change not only the US but the world, which will look very different in the next 5-10 years that is a truth:

http://stockcharts.c...id=p68756128886

Bears are stuck in the past
Bulls look at the future

Why? Because its like a victim always looking back at their lost love or how perfect life used to be. I find it truly disheartening and my eyes are now open.

#5 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Bears are also intrinsically unpatriotic because they wish ill on the US economy.

#6 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Bears are also intrinsically unpatriotic because they wish ill on the US economy.

I'm having a flashback to 2000 and yahoo finance boards. Thanks for the laugh :)

As for evidence... Evidence doesn't favor the bulls here. Weight of evidence says I should be short and patient. And I am .

Edited by ogm, 24 August 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#7 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

OGM, we have a breadth buy signal last week. Why do you post these technical indicators which dont work, everyone knows that and teaparty learnt that to his personal demise. You will die young as a bear amingo, they die young because of their pessimism in all areas. Good luck. LONG with LEVERAGE and WITH STOP, at this point.

#8 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

New high cumulative summation SPX 1500 RSI 2 oversold last week New monies coming in end of month Full moon turn last week Bradley buy remains in place Breadth BUY VIX BUY MACD BUY Support Holds I think you are nuts, but I dont mean that personally.

#9 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

http://www.businessi...his-week-2013-8

http://www.ici.org/r...mmf/mm_08_22_13

Edited by Bernie, 24 August 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#10 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thanks Bern. I read the retail money was a great contrarian indicator so thank you.