• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

russ:

i have read tons of stuff on cycles. i have a whole bookshelf full of cycles going back to the greeks and the babylonians. no, i don't want to read terry laundry's view of cycles and i'm not going to and no one can make me.

LOL!

yes, there is a 20 and a 60 and a 120; there is an 8, an 11, a 19; the greeks had those and the fascinating callippic; there are the gann cycles; there is the cycle of 9's, the 36 and the 72: some of these are chained and some unchained. there is the saros and the inex and the synodic and the ecliptic and the solar. there is the mcminn 56 year and the k-wave and more.

but there is NO 40/80 year cycle, with an 80 year intensification!

i could provide you with 100 links and say: go read them.

p.s. and the k-wave is not even CLOSE to a 40 or 80.

humble1: Yes all t hese cycles get confusing. The one cycle not mentioned is Armstrong's 8.6 year pi cycle which nailed that high in the financial indices, the housing index and the nikkei.... all in Feb. 2007. This date was also the half cycle of the 51.6 year confidence in private markets cycle we are in now and that cycle is the pi cycle times six. I am not aware of any other cycle that has shown what Armstrong's cycles have.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#22 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

well, let me give you a few: * the 36 year plus the Cycle of Nines (tm: H1) nailed the very important 1937 high (36 years from the key march high in 1901 as reported by d.w. perkins in his book "on the record") and the key 1973 high (a bit early in jan) and the march, 2000 high (eleven nine's) plus other hits in both directions. * the well known 20X year caught the 1994 low from 1974 and 5X20 from the important 1894 low, plus others. * the gann dicennnial, from way back and one of my favorites which also wraps the 20X, at 10X intervals has had many hits. as i have said before, i DO like the Pi cycle and i should have mentioned it, indeed. i also forgot two other patterns (not really "cycles"): the lunar 7/28 and the 58 year and the fibo extended lunar. also, there is the four year artifact, LOL. how did the Pi cycle do in 1987?

Edited by humble1, 16 February 2009 - 11:15 AM.