UNG - too tempting to pass up

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Mike, I think crude hits $60 - 65 in April, possibily higher. That should provide a cushion of safety on the trade and we'll be able to judge how $natgas looks at the time. After crude hits that target, it gets a little dicey. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

The outstanding problem is the possibility of a 25% decline to the $3 level. Check out what happened in 2001 when it made a final multi-week plunge to what's now the trendline, and note how that move didn't even register on the macd or stochastic; a nice positive divergence, but quite a cost. For those position traders here, what will be your position if we begun that final decline? Will you hold through a loss of 25%?
-MK

Yeah and that's the same thing many hombres said when crude OIL was at 35-40, that "it was going to 25". Anything is possible eh amigo? I'll take the risk/reward of buying here and that its not going to $3. That's why they pay me the BIG PESOS! :o :lol: :D

Pure unadulterated BS

Senor

#23 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Cant tell you now. Have to see how the charts look then. Trading positions eh? It is just not a mans world anymore. Get back to you on that. I just couldn't resist. Cheers. You are a great trading buddy.

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

The outstanding problem is the possibility of a 25% decline to the $3 level. Check out what happened in 2001 when it made a final multi-week plunge to what's now the trendline, and note how that move didn't even register on the macd or stochastic; a nice positive divergence, but quite a cost. For those position traders here, what will be your position if we begun that final decline? Will you hold through a loss of 25%?
-MK

Yeah and that's the same thing many hombres said when crude OIL was at 35-40, that "it was going to 25". Anything is possible eh amigo? I'll take the risk/reward of buying here and that its not going to $3. That's why they pay me the BIG PESOS! :o :lol: :D

Pure unadulterated BS

Senor

dharma :D :D :D :P :D :lol:

#25 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

Some guy on squawk box just told Maria B. to get a tractor because agriculture is the next sure thing. I just got off my Kubota. What a hoot. Out of real estate and into trading and training horses. Ye haw.

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Some guy on squawk box just told Maria B. to get a tractor because agriculture is the next sure thing. I just got off my Kubota. What a hoot. Out of real estate and into trading and training horses. Ye haw.

that was jim rogers!
dharma :lol: :lol: :lol:

#27 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

-MK

Pure unadulterated BS

Senor

And the answer to the question is...? Hold on a break to $3? :vote:

-MK

#28 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Cant tell you now. Have to see how the charts look then. Trading positions eh? It is just not a mans world anymore. Get back to you on that. I just couldn't resist. Cheers. You are a great trading buddy.

Swan, I've always thought of myself as a multi-position kind of guy... :clap:
-MK

#29 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

You know, this playful little debate we're having over ung brings up something that's crossed my mind a few times. With all the talent on this board...it doesn't seem like we put it to very good use. I mean, we toss off a few comments about positions but it seems to me we could make much more out of the board if we put our heads together in some semi-organized way. Maybe it's not possible, but I would think that there's enough of us here (but not too many) with serious enough interest to develop something that pulls on the best that we all have to offer. I mean, we're all here to make $$$, and finding a way to work together to develop trading/investing ideas, entry/exit points, or even a forum developed portfolio would be an interesting and productive undertaking. What do you think, is this worth talking about? You know, I think I'll copy and past this into a new thread so it's not buried here. -MK

Edited by Mike, 31 March 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#30 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

I like the idea and have one suggestion. Will PM you tomorrow. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!