• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

I currently use a "National Government Health Plan" - Its called the VA.

I don't have a problem with this.
Mary Anne

In part, problem got hushed up after a larger investigation.
>>Thousand of Veterans at Risk for HIV, Hepatitis
Please click here for a free evaluation of your case
Errors at 2 VA Clinics Exposed Patients to Infectious Bodily Fluids
Veterans' Association (VA) hospitals nationwide are reviewing their procedures for colonoscopies, after information emerged recently that thousands of patients treated at a clinic in Tennessee may have been exposed to infectious bodily fluids from other patients. The problem was reportedly traced to the incorrect connection of a valve on a piece of equipment used in the colonoscopies. The valve was apparently incorrectly attached on April 23, 2003, but wasn't discovered until December 1, 2008.

The Alvin C. York VA Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN announced that it is offering free blood tests and medical care to any patient whose medical records show that he or she had a colonoscopy at that clinic between April 23, 2003 and December 1, 2008. The clinic notified by registered mail last week 6,378 patients who could potentially be at risk for related health problems including hepatitis and HIV. According to reports, the letter sent out by the VA refers to a valve, and also tubing attached to the scope that may not have been properly disinfected.

And a VA clinic in Augusta, GA, has reported a similar problem in connection with its ear, nose and throat clinic. That clinic has notified 1,800 veterans that could be at risk for infection as a result of the equipment used not being properly disinfected. The problem at this clinic was apparently discovered as a result of an inspection done following the announcement of the problem in Tennessee.

Not surprisingly, the VA has released a statement indicating that all VA medical centers and outpatient clinics are reviewing procedures in a program called "Step Up".

In the meantime, affected patients treated at the Murfreesboro clinic are undergoing tests to determine if they have contracted HIV or hepatitis.

FEB-16-09: VA Clinic Warns of Possible Contaminant Exposure [AP NEWS: VA CLINIC WARNS OF POSSIBLE CONTAMINANT]<<
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Senate to close loophole that doesn’t exist

The controversy over Republican Rep. Joe Wilson's shouting out "You Lie!" at the President over his claim that illegal immigrants wouldn't benefit from health-care reform apparently sparked some reconsideration of the relevant language. "We really thought we'd resolved this question of people who are here illegally, but as we reflected on the President's speech last night we wanted to go back and drill down again," said Senator Kent Conrad, one of the Democrats in the talks after a meeting Thursday morning. Baucus later that afternoon said the group would put in a proof of citizenship requirement to participate in the new health exchange — a move likely to inflame the left.

http://www.politico....ilson_wins.html

They really need to increase guest worker permits and then require that they buy a temporary health insurance policy. Golden Rule will sell a young adult male one for like $150 for 3 months. Maybe less.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

I currently use a "National Government Health Plan" - Its called the VA.

I don't have a problem with this.
Mary Anne

In part, problem got hushed up after a larger investigation.
>>Thousand of Veterans at Risk for HIV, Hepatitis
Please click here for a free evaluation of your case
Errors at 2 VA Clinics Exposed Patients to Infectious Bodily Fluids
Veterans' Association (VA) hospitals nationwide are reviewing their procedures for colonoscopies, after information emerged recently that thousands of patients treated at a clinic in Tennessee may have been exposed to infectious bodily fluids from other patients. The problem was reportedly traced to the incorrect connection of a valve on a piece of equipment used in the colonoscopies. The valve was apparently incorrectly attached on April 23, 2003, but wasn't discovered until December 1, 2008.

The Alvin C. York VA Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN announced that it is offering free blood tests and medical care to any patient whose medical records show that he or she had a colonoscopy at that clinic between April 23, 2003 and December 1, 2008. The clinic notified by registered mail last week 6,378 patients who could potentially be at risk for related health problems including hepatitis and HIV. According to reports, the letter sent out by the VA refers to a valve, and also tubing attached to the scope that may not have been properly disinfected.

And a VA clinic in Augusta, GA, has reported a similar problem in connection with its ear, nose and throat clinic. That clinic has notified 1,800 veterans that could be at risk for infection as a result of the equipment used not being properly disinfected. The problem at this clinic was apparently discovered as a result of an inspection done following the announcement of the problem in Tennessee.

Not surprisingly, the VA has released a statement indicating that all VA medical centers and outpatient clinics are reviewing procedures in a program called "Step Up".

In the meantime, affected patients treated at the Murfreesboro clinic are undergoing tests to determine if they have contracted HIV or hepatitis.

FEB-16-09: VA Clinic Warns of Possible Contaminant Exposure [AP NEWS: VA CLINIC WARNS OF POSSIBLE CONTAMINANT]<<

Yes, like this doesn't happen (and has happened many times) in private hospitals - especially infections like MRSA that kill people - but its in the insurance companies interest, and the hospitals interest to keep the incidents quiet. Here is an example of two people close to me who had the same cancer diagnosis - esophageal cancer. My significant other, Jack, of 10 years was a veteran and used the VA health care facility for his care - my other friend, Jay, who had STATE OF CONNECTICUT insurance because he was a state employee. Jay was diagnosed almost a year after Jack was diagnosed. Jack had his surgery done by a Yale Cancer surgeon at the West Haven VA where they removed his entire esophagous. . He was kept in intensive care for 8 days, then three weeks in the hospital and six months at my house with a visiting nurse several times a week initially, then once a week. Jay, had the same surgery only they also removed part of his stomach. He was allowed by the insurance company, to have one day in intensive care, two days in the hospital, and was sent home. He did get visiting nurses and ultimately had to be re-admitted to the hospital due to complications and a serious infection at the surgical site. Jay pre-deceased Jack by six months. Jack had three good years after his surgery, but developed metastatic liver cancer and died two years ago. I can't say enough about the care provided by the VA health care system for him as well as myself. Like I said before, I get a treatment for my asthma that no private insurance company would ever pay for and the only other people that I know that are getting this treatment are all in some sort of government health program like the VA or medicare or medicaid. Most people won't even get the cause of the type of asthma that I have diagnosed (Hyper IgE syndrome) because they would lose the health insurance completely.
Mary Anne

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Senate to close loophole that doesn't exist

The controversy over Republican Rep. Joe Wilson's shouting out "You Lie!" at the President over his claim that illegal immigrants wouldn't benefit from health-care reform apparently sparked some reconsideration of the relevant language. "We really thought we'd resolved this question of people who are here illegally, but as we reflected on the President's speech last night we wanted to go back and drill down again," said Senator Kent Conrad, one of the Democrats in the talks after a meeting Thursday morning. Baucus later that afternoon said the group would put in a proof of citizenship requirement to participate in the new health exchange — a move likely to inflame the left.

http://www.politico....ilson_wins.html

The President spoke the truth...kinda because...he has presented no bill, no details.
It doesn't matter what's in the House bill, the courts will order (illegal) non-citizens to be covered as they have already done in California.

It is a fait accompli, in or out of the bill:

"California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative designed to prohibit illegal immigrants from using social services, health care, and public education in the U.S. State of California. It was initially passed by the voters but later found unconstitutional by a federal court, with appeals against the judgement being halted by Governor Gray Davis."

So "illegals" will not be covered under the bill but by the courts.
He knows that. ;)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 September 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

Beside, by the time the government takeover is complete, there may be amnesty for any here illegally. So no "illegal aliens" will use health care because they won't be illegal. ;) Either way, the lawmaker elite will not accept this plan for themselves. <_<

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 September 2009 - 09:53 PM.

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

As I was saying:

Washington Times

Sept 18, 2009

Legalize illegals to get them health care...

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

It is ironic that the president told the American people that illegal immigrants should not be covered by the health care bill, but now just days later he's talking about letting them in the back door.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 September 2009 - 09:55 AM.

#17 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

ACORN's Illegal Alien Home Loan Racket

In 2005, Citibank and ACORN Housing Corporation — which received tens of millions of tax dollars under the Bush administration alone — began recruiting Mexican illegal aliens for a lucrative program offering loans with below-market interest rates, down-payment assistance and no mortgage insurance requirements. Instead of the Social Security numbers required of law-abiding citizens, the program allows illegal alien applicants to supply loosely monitored tax identification numbers issued by the IRS.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that "undocumented residents" comprise a vast market representing a potential sum of "$44 billion in mortgages." Citibank enlarged its portfolio of subprime and other risky loans. ACORN enlarged its membership rolls. The program now operates in Miami; New York City; Jersey City, N.J.; Baltimore; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Bridgeport, Conn.; and at all of ACORN Housing's 12 California offices.

San Diego ACORN officials advised illegal alien recruits that their bank partners would take applicants who had little or no credit, or even "nontraditional records of credit, such as utility payments and documentation of private loan payments."

The risk the banks bear is the price they pay to keep ACORN protesters and Hispanic lobbyists from the National Council of La Raza screaming about "predatory lending" off their backs. These professional grievance-mongers have turned the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act — which forced lenders to sacrifice underwriting standards for "diversity" — into lucrative "business" opportunities. Or rather, politically correct blackmail.

As the Consumer Rights League noted in a 2008 report on the group's successful shakedowns of financial institutions, "an agreement with Citibank, a significant ACORN donor and partner, showed that some activists become less active when deals are in place."

http://www.creators....lle-malkin.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.