Big Mac Attack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#91 Carl

Carl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Love your Topic on Russell,and always look for tour post.For inexperience person like me could you please post daily suggestion on what may happen NEXT DAY,so that i can try to compare your system whit mine or OURS. Carl

#92 Carl

Carl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Love your Topic on Russell,and always look for tour post.For inexperience person like me could you please post daily suggestion on what may happen NEXT DAY,so that i can try to compare your system whit mine or OURS. Carl

#93 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

Love your Topic on Russell,and always look for tour post.For inexperience person like me could you please post daily suggestion on what may happen NEXT DAY,so that i can try to compare your system whit mine or OURS.
Carl

Thanks for the post.

But sorry, Carl, I can't make a daily suggestion. No one knows what going to happen with the market on the NEXT DAY day after day, no matter what they claim, and neither do I. If I did, I'd probably buy Goldman Sachs, take them private and have them secretly execute trades ahead of everyone else on my behalf instead of their own, and I'd have my pilot hitch up my 747 (I'd like a roomy jet when I'm flying alone) and fly me to my estate on the Riviera so I could chum around with Larry Ellison, George Clooney, Brad and Angie, and too many French models and actresses to count.

That aside, your best bet would be having price and breath on your side today being a continuation signal for tomorrow. In other words the market will go up until it quits going up. Then it will go down until it quits going down. It's that simple. It's almost impossible to believe it's that simple, and I barely believe it myself a lot of the time, but it is.

Case in point -- breath was up yesterday (measured by the NYMO/NYSI) and the Russell was up so a buy on TNA at the close yesterday was worth four percent today. Not bad. That won't buy a private 747 but it can get you at least a pretty lavish lunch.

Good luck to you. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#94 Carl

Carl

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

Diogenes227, tanks a lot to take your time to answer to me.It was very satisfactory.I will continue to look for your post. Carl,the beginner

#95 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

The killer for anyone who trades against it.

Since the aggressive NYMO low-above-a-low buy on 8/31 TNA is up 20 percent. Since the NYSI buy on 9/1, three days ago, TNA is up 8.7 percent. And everywhere I looked it seemed almost everyone was trying to short this move. Oh, well...

Have a good holiday weekend.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$RUT&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p27446769839&a=183121219&r=1958.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#96 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

...your best bet would be having price and breath on your side today being a continuation signal for tomorrow. In other words the market will go up until it quits going up. Then it will go down until it quits going down. It's that simple. It's almost impossible to believe it's that simple, and I barely believe it myself a lot of the time, but it is.

Just playing around, simplifying charts. :rolleyes:

It is buy-the-dips time until it isn't (there are stops...). Breath was up today (as measured by the NYMO/NYSI) and the Russell was up so...bang!?, bang!?

Ain't this market fun? :lol:

http://stockcharts.c...0351&r=8505.PNG

#97 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

Didn't much like the price action today (see the black candle above). That black candle looks negative and it might be. There was a black candle in May with a falling NYMO and NYSI and the market tumbled but in June with a rising NYMO like now and a rising NYMO like now, it meant not much more than a blast delayed -- see TNA on the days after -- and finally there were several of them in the midst of a worthwhile up swing. It's days like today that makes it hard to believe the market is going up when it actually is going up. RUT was up, TNA was up, NYMO was up. Not much but all up today. NYSI remains on a buy so...up...I guess. :unsure:

#98 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Didn't much like the price action today (see the black candle above). That black candle looks negative and it might be. There was a black candle in May with a falling NYMO and NYSI and the market tumbled but in June with a rising NYMO like now and a rising NYMO like now, it meant not much more than a blast delayed -- see TNA on the days after -- and finally there were several of them in the midst of a worthwhile up swing.

It's days like today that makes it hard to believe the market is going up when it actually is going up. RUT was up, TNA was up, NYMO was up. Not much but all up today. NYSI remains on a buy so...up...I guess. :unsure:

Yup, up! :clap:

#99 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

I've posted this a couple of times on Fearless Forecasters. Dropping it in here only for the record of this thread.

"History, history! We fools, what to do know or care?"

#100 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Been pretty talking myself blue in the face over on Fearless Forecasters lately. Some may be listening but not sure how many can hear.

So, for fun, lets give a nod to the Nasdaq since it has led this McClellan move. Since the NASI turned up on Sep 1 with the NYSI (13 trading days ago), the NDX has, as of today so far, managed to put in a run of nine consecutive days up. Amazing. And yeah, it's going to have a down day soon. But if one likes 3X ETFs, TQQQ, is up 29 percent on this summation buy, compared to 20 percent for my favorite, TNA (boo-hoo!).

Ain't this market fun? :) Good trading to everyone.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NDX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p70772989292&a=208969985&r=1894.png