• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hardly. :lol:
It has a 9/25/09 dateline so, I wasn't sure what if this was what I should be going for or not.

U on dial-up? :P

No problem for me. Click on it. :)

http://www.kingworld...m_Sinclair.html

He also sees $5,000/oz gold and many other "Better Life" ideas, some lethal mind he got.

So let me think, before gold reaches $5000 I really don't need to learn Mandarin (it only takes 10 days to learn per Pimsleur anyway), but I need swine flu shot NOW!.

Funny how world's changed. When I was in high school in Taipei Taiwan, my teacher told us better to learn English 'typewriter' typing or 10-Key punching to get 'highly needed' jobs in the U.S. I should have stayed in that country, I always wanted to be someone's boss...lol

When I bring up your site attachment I only get Sinclair's home page goflow. What do you want us to look at further in than that?

Is it the audio goflow is referring to?
I'm loading it right now on a non trading laptop. It's taking time to load.

Edited by milbank, 15 November 2009 - 12:32 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#12 iloli way

iloli way

iloli = I'm Laws Of Line's I(eye)

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

Here it is again.

It's 9/25/2009 interview correctly, milbank.
PRICE IS KING; LINE RULES! - Laws Of Line (LOL) Trading Systems
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#13 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Here it is again.

It's 9/25/2009 interview correctly, milbank.

Thanks gf.
I thought as much, just wanted to make sure. I've listened to about half of it. I'm going to pick it up where he started answering questions about gold a little later. ;)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

#14 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Before you make any sensible comments, did you listen the whole interview of Sinclair I attached? Fair game? There are much more in that interview than I picked for this title. (oops, milbank, with all due respect, this is not about you, good I checked first before I post this ;) ) Quite a TV schooling for me this Sunday morning, plus some u-tube history commentary shows. Thought I share something other than my boring TA charts. From 'The Three Kingdoms' epoch of China, king Tsao killed the greatest medical doctor at the time, because the doc purposely 'feeding' the king's headache so as to make himself too important to spare, yet the king was too smart to be fooled; only later king's most favoraite son died at age 13 because no one else can save him but the doctor killed by his smart king father. That I see how today's medical and medicine system, the financial system, and some employment systems are operating in the similar ways....'too big to fail' for all of them. Hmmmmm. International History Channel had a show about how Communist and Nationalist KMT were in the power struggles that ends up today's China. After a year-long retreat thru most remote dangerous terrain, an 80,000 strong Red army became 6,000 and the Japanese invasion gave them the chance to become power in Beijing today. Regardless most advanced military aids from German and U.S., Chiang Kai-Shek made me became a 'Son of Taiwan', an orphan of China and a Naturalized US Citizen. Who cares? Apparently you folks downloaded one of my chart over a 1,000 times not for that reason. History Channel had a two consecutive on Kennedy Clans. I get to review how FDR appointed Old Joe to fix Wall Street after 1929's Crash, because 'only crooks knows how crooks operate' sez the program. How he also lost his own political future after anounced 'death of British and American Democracy' at the dawn of WWII that he opposed. You do know he made millions sold shorts into the '29 crash, right? Went to BIO channel for Doris Day's life, first time such complete a descriptions for me. I just love this kind of American iconic pop history that parallels to the same timeframe of my own. Do you know her only son moved out of the house where Mansons blood bathed right after he moved out? And her 39 movies careers left her nothing but debts? Only her son found out about that after her husband/manager's death, that a Madoff type money manager they trusted for decades floundered all the money she'd made? And the Bloomberg tv had a great piece about high speed trading, how banks had to spent about $2B (how much was the TARP and execs bonuses?) to upgrade with high tech and that in India same 'simple but effective' finger-print activated saving accounts pushed by cell phone technology spreading the countryside that this is so important to India's economy to salvage from that average $2.00 daily income population group to opening their saving accounts. NAV, are you in India now, how about it? Now please don't tell me these are not 'market related'. If you short better take out my stop below my LOL RED line, OK? I'll let you know when that happens.
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#15 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

Quite a TV schooling for me this Sunday morning, plus some u-tube history commentary shows. Thought I share something other than my boring TA charts.

. . .

Now please don't tell me these are not 'market related'.

I'm not going to :lol: and your charts and TA are never boring. ;)

As long as it's after market hours or on the weekend, I love reading, watching or listening to what others here have found regarding all things "market related."
If I see something I think others here might be interested in, I post it as well. Carry on.

BTW, I did know about Doris Day's son, Terry Melcher, previously living in the house that Sharon Tate was killed in. The story goes that Manson was actually looking for Melcher to kill as he had turned Manson down when he had approached Melcher, who was a record producer, about getting a recording contract. Also, I thought it was actually Doris's husband who had squandered her fortune and she did not find out until after he had died. I guess I need to watch more T.V. :lol:

Edited by milbank, 15 November 2009 - 03:42 PM.

--George Bernard Shaw

#16 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

I should have stayed in that country.

You must be missing those betel-nut beauties eh ? :lol:

You remind me of some time i spent in Taiwan many years back. The only mandarin i knew was Shishye. I survived on sign language.

NAV,

how about that Bloomber report's $2 daily income in India? You must be Buffett class rich over there! :D

Those 'nut beauties' totally after my time there, what @ shame!

Oh, but I found out that that is a Taiwan's part of traditions inherited from Japan Occupation Era( after Japan pummeled Russia's navy in 1895, they did the same thing to China's Manchurian Region 1905, or was that other way around in time, and got Taiwan as reward). Click the link, and roll down few pics, see how they 'pay respects to the dead' who are in the coffin by the dancing girl on the bus? Those pics are from that era, before I was born there.
http://sz0138.ev.mai.../...=409&part=2

#17 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Rubbish we don't need to learn Mandarin. If they can't speak the language i am speaking the deal is off it's as simple as that. we don't need to please anybody but yourself.

Just be right on the trade. You only need to ace your maths and science.

That's what the French were saying about English up to about a hundred years ago.

I remember in the 1980's it was being said that everyone needs to lear Japanese.

If I had to chose an asian country where learning the language might give me an edge in some sort of eastern commerce, it would be Vietnamese. I expect some industrious investor could make a lot of money via that country over the next decade or so.

There is so much hypes about language and trends about them. Seemingly ridiculous. Japanese was trendy in my country once. If this continues we will be learning almost all laguage for business. I believe you should learn the learn in the form of arts not business.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#18 SuperSwing

SuperSwing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Porche, ppl in SG speak Chinese and English, right?

Rubbish we don't need to learn Mandarin. If they can't speak the language i am speaking the deal is off it's as simple as that. we don't need to please anybody but yourself.

That's what the French were saying about English up to about a hundred years ago.

I remember in the 1980's it was being said that everyone needs to lear Japanese.

If I had to chose an asian country where learning the language might give me an edge in some sort of eastern commerce, it would be Vietnamese. I expect some industrious investor could make a lot of money via that country over the next decade or so.

There is so much hypes about language and trends about them. Seemingly ridiculous. Japanese was trendy in my country once. If this continues we will be learning almost all laguage for business. I believe you should learn the learn in the form of arts not business.

Patience is a virtue. Wait for your opportunity and pounce.

#19 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

Most of the Chinese don't speak Mandarin.
I worked in Hong Kong for awhile. The head of the company spoke Shanghiese (sp) but not Cantonese. So when we did business just north of HK a Cantonese speaker interpreted for the president of the company with the mainland speaker.
It is similar all over the country. Mandarin is great for talking with government officials in Beijing. Otherwise; get an interpreter.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#20 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Porche, ppl in SG speak Chinese and English, right?

Yes but when you go to China, the DIFFERENCE in Mandarin across China is Starling. There are just too many provinces. Their language style is not the type that you learn.

The worst part is what seems for example calling a girl "young lady" in madarin seems acceptable in Singapore and some provinces in China, but can be offensive in Shanghai when the term is taken as "prositute"

When doing business and you're not sure of the language either a) get some who can interpret the langauge or B) don't do the deal if the other party can't understand the language you're speaking in.

Certainly learning a language in 10 days is rubbish to me. I'll probably land up offending the other party and getting no deal done.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!