"The interior of the earth is several million degrees"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

According to Al Gore "the interior of the earth is extremely hot - several million degrees" when in fact the temperature at the core maybe only as high as 7000 degrees Celsius

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Cut him a break! What's a couple orders of magnitude when you're a climate and environmental EXPERT who invented the internet! :lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

We don't need no stinkin' facts! Remember this: "Without the stimulus, five hundred million Americans will lose their jobs."? When there is only a little over 303,000,000 total population in the country?

#4 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

We don't need no stinkin' facts!

In the UK, the high court found there were so much FACTUAL "misinformation" that in order to show "An Inconvenient Truth" in schools that they have to run a disclaimer before that says "this is a political film, NOT a scientific one".
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

Recovery.gov is a government website designed to track stimulus fraud and abuse.
The site itself cost taxpayers $84,000,000 so far:

"Recovery Accountabilty and Transparency Chief Earl Devaney told the Wall Street Journal most of his budget, approximately $84 million, was being spent to develop the Web site."

I wonder how much government band-aids and aspirin will cost us.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

Recovery.gov is a government website designed to track stimulus fraud and abuse.
The site itself cost taxpayers $84,000,000 so far:

"Recovery Accountabilty and Transparency Chief Earl Devaney told the Wall Street Journal most of his budget, approximately $84 million, was being spent to develop the Web site."

I wonder how much government band-aids and aspirin will cost us.

Yanno, Mrs. Chaos would have been happy to have done that site for them for only $42MM!

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:36 AM

We don't need no stinkin' facts!

In the UK, the high court found there were so much FACTUAL "misinformation" that in order to show "An Inconvenient Truth" in schools that they have to run a disclaimer before that says "this is a political film, NOT a scientific one".

Next time a AGW hysteric claims that there's no credible evidence other than a couple wacky bloggers supporting AGW Skepticism, say, "Yeah, except for the 450 PEER REVIEWED papers that suggest skepticism is in order!"

Skeptical Papers

A voluminous listing of skeptical peer reviewed papers

http://www.popularte...l<br /> <br /> BTW, I've been accumulating my own list of papers is response to claims that I had no peer reviewed evidence to support my being a "Denier". Of course, the only thing they offer was ad hominem against guys like Steve McIntyre and Anthony Watts and assertions that the IPCC PROVES the "science was settled".

When I get my narrative tying all the links together, I'll provide that here for those who are interested.

My position is that the AGW industry has created a black mark on science and the scientific method that will haunt people of reason for generations.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:50 AM

Spiegel -->Follow the USA and Oceans will boil

If the rest of the world were to follow the US example in their approach to fossil fuels, the oceans would not only heat up, but would probably soon begin to boil.

http://www.spiegel.d...,661678,00.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#9 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

Keep fiddling Nero...... mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#10 maineman

maineman

maineman