• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

Boy! It sure is quiet here tonight...

Tomorrow morning my bear friends should get a chance to do whatever they have to do to get their house in order. If you had to cut your losses or take some profits from your short positiions, that'll be the time to do it. Over the past 10 years, there are only 3 occasions where the market suffered back-to-back losses in the final 2 trading sessions of February. It doesn't take much to guess... Yes, they're 2001, 2008, and 2009 - all MAJOR market tops.

Unless you believe this time it's as major a market top as in those 3 years, you may get one shot to re-position your portfolio and your trading strategy.

Posted Image

Enjoy and Happy Bears Day tomorrow!!!

Edited by TechMan, 24 February 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I sold a bunch of calls... Good luck to ya!

#3 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

And to you, my Fearless Leader. I would like to see a couple of days of pullback, which in fact would make this rally more sustainable.

#4 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

And to you, my Fearless Leader. I would like to see a couple of days of pullback, which in fact would make this rally more sustainable.

I am just waiting for that crash!!!! a major sure we are! no rallies would be great so dip buyers would screaming out.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

You see there ES Feb 26 1110 Calls, check the volume in RTH... I sold those. I bought ES March 19 1125 Calls to complete the calendar spread, kind of bear spread... Keeping these delta neutral... I will cash out the Feb 26 calls on Friday... simple trade... I didn't want to guess how low it goes, instead just cashing out the premium from the top of the range... I will have a buy stop in futures if the market runs over 1105 once again by Friday's close...

#6 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

Euro is breaking down hard and you are advocating covering?

I know I am not the only one who sees the train wreck coming...

Posted Image

#7 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

I am just waiting for that crash!!!! a major sure we are! no rallies would be great so dip buyers would screaming out.

Hey porsche911sg - A crash? Since we can't both win, I wish you well instead of luck.

BTW, I can't really call last year a major top. It was the final leg down instead.

#8 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

I am seeing a big train wreck coming not often does this situation arise.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#9 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

Euro is breaking down hard and you are advocating covering?

I know I am not the only one who sees the train wreck coming...

CHAx - This train has been coming and going for 2 months now. If you'd just seen it coming now, you do whatever turns you on...

Edited by TechMan, 25 February 2010 - 12:17 AM.

#10 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hey porsche911sg - A crash? Since we can't both win, I wish you well instead of luck.

BTW, I can't really call last year a major top. It was the final leg down instead.

I wish you well too...but seriously consider the funds leaving emerging market fast and when does that happen?