Arch and Laundry agree: Bad late summer

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

Here is a Bradley chart posted back in Feb. warning about August 2010.

Rogerdodger- I asked you then when you posted it and since I didn't get an answer, I ask you again....What does that mean when you point out the lowest Bradley siderograph in 70 years is coming in Aug 2010. Does that imply a low point for the market ....or something else?? if something else - what?? I assume that you are trying to tell us something but I'm not getting it. Can you please explain for those of us that are not as Bradley savvy as you? TIA. Don

IYB, i would assume that bradley indicates a big climax in aug

top or bottom, well i guess we will see the closer we get

That's exactly my point. If there is predictive information about a high or a low coming in August 2010 from Bradley, why not just say what it is? Now, not then.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression that Bradley folks love to throw this stuff out there and then whatever happens in August - they say "see now...Bradley predicted this!" We could have a volcanic eruption on Mars in August and the Bradley folks would take credit. :lol: It just feels like a big hoax to me. But maybe I'm just not getting it.

If someone wants to explain what I'm missing here, I'm all ears.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#12 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

IYB, are the SS on a sale signal? I think so.

TIA

No. The trigger I use for BPCOMPQ is the 3-day EMA and it is still in buy mode. Also I have a 28-trading day NYMO rule - that it must hit a 28-day low to confirm a sell, and it has not. It may this week, but if so I'll go to neutral mode because of the very strong LT and IT readings. I'll be sure to give a detailed post if there is a signal. Regards and good trading, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#13 The Right Look

The Right Look

• Traders-Talk User
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

IYB, The bradley just designates possible turning points not highs or lows. Good luck trading

#14 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

IYB,
The bradley just designates possible turning points not highs or lows.
Good luck trading

How is a turning point something different from a high or low?

#15 The Right Look

The Right Look

• Traders-Talk User
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

IYB If the market has been trending up or down into a turning point or bradley date you would look for a high point or a low point. You would then look for the trend to reverse on that date plus or minus a day. Hope that helped.

#16 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

IYB
If the market has been trending up or down into a turning point or bradley date you would look for a high point or a low point. You would then look for the trend to reverse on that date plus or minus a day.
Hope that helped.

Okay we are getting there regarding August 2010....maybe. ;) Are you saying that the 70 year ***LOW*** in the Bradley siderograph in August of 2010 does NOT imply a LOW - but could be just as easily a HIGH? That's what I have been asking over and over.....

"What does that mean when you point out the lowest Bradley siderograph in 70 years is coming in Aug 2010?"

So you are saying that Bradley is saying that August 2010 will be either a HIGH OR A LOW (currently undetermined) and that this "high or low" will be one of the most important CIT's in decades? Is THAT the message? I'll keep asking till someone answers.

Thanks, Don

#17 The Right Look

The Right Look

• Traders-Talk User
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

IYB, You just answered your own question. Yes, it could be a high or a low. Turning points can be useful but I've seen the so called "major" turning points be nothing more than a pause in the action. Good luck trading

#18 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

IYB,

You just answered your own question. Yes, it could be a high or a low.

Turning points can be useful but I've seen the so called "major" turning points be nothing more than a pause in the action.

Good luck trading

Okay- I've got it now. The "lowest siderograph reading in 70 years" could signal a high, or a low, or a pause in the action in August 2010 plus or minus. Thanks, D

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Don, there are 4 big red numbers at the bottom of the chart. Each reportedly point to bear markets. #1 is The 1930's depression. #2 is the 1870 Vienna Stock exchange crash followed by the sharpest European bear market of the 19th century. #3 is this coming August. #4 is the 1890's biggest bear market in 20 years. (But I think you already know that.) Those are interesting coincidences to me. I only post it because Arch is mentioned by Laundry and Arch mentions the August Bradley. It is Laundry's projections which interest/concern me. I hope they are both wrong but we have some world-wide systemic problems which make their projections plausible, regardless of where Mars and Saturn are.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 March 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#20 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

either way i am going to have my wife get all her funds out of the market after elections this year....if nuttin happens then can get back in, but if market starts to go south in a hurry will be ok also....i would rather be out than lose everything or go through what we did this past decline..
Education is the best defense against the media.