Seven Sentinels Sell Signal

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

If the market were to sell off to close (today or Monday) below about 1160-1162 versus SPX cash.... that would trigger the sell signal. It's just a matter of time as I read it....unless the internals were to sprouts wings all of the sudden and start outperforming the market instead of deteriorating. This is ONLY a heads up at this point...Good trading, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

thanks for the update IYB

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

thanks for the update IYB

....and thanks for yours, below, Mr. Dev. :)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#4 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Thank you Mr IYB & Mr Dev...the setup now is very similar to the January top. Have goods weekend:

#a

#b

#c

#d

#5 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

one of the keys now are the financials...they have been ripping, and look set to pause:

I'm not a big fan of FAZ, but its setup zoon:

#6 allan

allan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the update, i was expecting the break today.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

SPX 1168 is broken and tested from below on light volume, normally you would think it would gap down below LOD on Monday.

Edited by arbman, 26 March 2010 - 03:15 PM.

#8 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

SPX 1168 is broken and tested from below on light volume, normally you would think it would gap down below LOD on Monday.

The thing is; it is Monday.... Not Tuesday... And the weekly pattern is so strong.

I suppose if it where easy, they would call it snowboarding.... (skiiers joke).

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Last Monday, it gapped down and rallied, we can get the cycle low early again, but this time it will probably gap down and stay there. We do need to fuel better this time, I think Tuesday will be a doji or a narrow range day.

#10 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

gap down below 1161 and we jump the creek and head down into the hole. To mix metaphors.