79 replies to this topic

#41 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

still in the bottoming process.
i love all the gloominess. gets my juices flowing
guys who have been wrong on the bull market calling for a 2-300 dollar correction
you gotta love it.
xau/hui showing hourly divergences from oversold
i can wait
dharma

Dharma..I'm not saying Merriman is saying that right now. I mentioned it was in his forecast book which was printed in the fall. He's not saying for sure but saying it can happen based on what signs and alignments the planets are in. He's only giving the set up which of course can change and it may not happen. He's not in the category as some..ie; Tom Obrien on CNBC called a few days ago for a 200 pt drop in gold. And I'm not saying I"m in that camp either. I got out Friday for my trade with gld from a rally of low 115s and sold that gap up, but I hold boullion for long term. Just making it clear that he's not bearish on gold. He's a cycle guy too.

I dont trade strictly on astrology but I find when certain setups are there, it either makes me cautious like I did Friday or bullish like it was for the first 2 weeks of May when he spoke about Mercury going into Saggi. For me it's more about risk managing.

You've made some great calls and you could be totally right here for a new high. I deal with swing trades and right now, gld got a sell on Jackie Chan's chart (it's been pretty helpful for me) so perhaps some consolidation might be in order? I will be waiting for the buy signal and will be willing to fork up some points because there will be plenty of time imo to jump back in.

Good trading.
TM

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

still in the bottoming process.
i love all the gloominess. gets my juices flowing
guys who have been wrong on the bull market calling for a 2-300 dollar correction
you gotta love it.
xau/hui showing hourly divergences from oversold
i can wait
dharma

Dharma..I'm not saying Merriman is saying that right now. I mentioned it was in his forecast book which was printed in the fall. He's not saying for sure but saying it can happen based on what signs and alignments the planets are in. He's only giving the set up which of course can change and it may not happen. He's not in the category as some..ie; Tom Obrien on CNBC called a few days ago for a 200 pt drop in gold. And I'm not saying I"m in that camp either. I got out Friday for my trade with gld from a rally of low 115s and sold that gap up, but I hold boullion for long term. Just making it clear that he's not bearish on gold. He's a cycle guy too.

I dont trade strictly on astrology but I find when certain setups are there, it either makes me cautious like I did Friday or bullish like it was for the first 2 weeks of May when he spoke about Mercury going into Saggi. For me it's more about risk managing.

You've made some great calls and you could be totally right here for a new high. I deal with swing trades and right now, gld got a sell on Jackie Chan's chart (it's been pretty helpful for me) so perhaps some consolidation might be in order? I will be waiting for the buy signal and will be willing to fork up some points because there will be plenty of time imo to jump back in.

Good trading.
TM

actually i wasnt referring to your post. but thanks for the added insight.
dharma

#43 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

What's a good way to learn about astrological signatures? Any books and/or software anyone recommends?

I don't believe in astrology but can accept the idea that certain cosmic events correlate to certain market movements in mass-traded markets (note that correlation doesn't equate to causation necessarily). eg. See: http://quantdna.com/...nome/astro-dna/
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#44 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

What's a good way to learn about astrological signatures? Any books and/or software anyone recommends?

I don't believe in astrology but can accept the idea that certain cosmic events correlate to certain market movements in mass-traded markets (note that correlation doesn't equate to causation necessarily). eg. See: http://quantdna.com/...nome/astro-dna/

Actually, I learned through constant reading and had my chart done by hand by an old school astrologer who has been in the business for 30+ yrs. He actually knows Merriman too. There is so much more to astrology than people realize. It's not about sun signs/rising signs...It's about the relationships of the planets in the signs within your houses. Regarding astrology in the market/economy/politics..it's called mundane astrology. You wont learn this overnight. I do have great intuitions to pick up on this and I did take a course from my astrologer who says I'm a natural but I have not had a chance to really get into it as much as I want to. I do have a charting program too..and have charted people only for them to say how right on I was. And every astrologer will have their own approach..just like TA..we all use what we feel is best for us to determine direction...So I may say I like to look at certain outer planets first..ie; Saturn/Uranus/Pluto..vs some will look at other planets for their interpretations.

The best way to make you a believer is to have your chart done by a reputable astrologer and done by HAND not a software program. Did you know in your chart an astrologer can tell you how many kids you have or will have? or what sign your mother or father is and so much more detail about your past, present, and future..even to know what your life lessons are? Did you know why some people can be more prosperous in some cities or states vs others..because even cities and states have an astrology sign that will either be compatible for you or not. My husband who is an engineer and didn't believe in this is a true believer now. He has had his chart done by my guy too along with my kids. But keep in mind, it's not voodoo..no good astrologer should really "predict" certainty. Like everything there is always a yin and yang to it all..just like a bullish and bearish view.

I started reading Merriman's free columns in 2000 and then I got more interested in astrology by just searching about planets and signs o the internet to see meanings...I do buy his forecast book every fall and he will have a webcast in July..typically around $45 ..for both the book and webcast..you need exposure first and then repetition..that's all I can say to start. Here is his weekly columns you can go to and information will come on his webcast.

http://www.stariq.com/MarketWeek.HTM

He updates Friday evening but I read him Saturday mornings. He's great on breaking things down. So if you dont understand what a planet represents..google it..there are many sites that will give you lots of good interpretation...and if you use the word mundane astrology then it filters out personal astrology. Oh, I can go on and on about it all but the best way is to keep an open mind and read, read, read..even online.

regards,
TM
P.S..and nothing is 100% accurate too...it's just good to know when you have the wind behind you or a brick wall ahead..and right now he says that on May 23 Juipter (which is the planet of luck and expansion/exaggeration) enters Aries (that sign represents like firey personalities...his interpretation is we could either see a panic or an economic downtuurn...or a rally to form a peak. I believe I got that from one of his previous columns a week or so ago. I put these things on my calendar to see how they line up with other cycle people I follow. It's quite interesting

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

i am a professional vedic astrologer.
to learn financial astrology. read financial astrologers
http://www.mmacycles...s-for-the-week/
for starters there are many financial astrologers
arch crawford is another
after a certain period of reading them , it starts to make sense
manfred zimmel is another
dharma

#46 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

arch crawford is another
dharma

Dharma..that's cool about you being a professional. In your opinion how to you feel about the accuracy of Arch Crawford?Thanks
TM

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

arch crawford is another
dharma

Dharma..that's cool about you being a professional. In your opinion how to you feel about the accuracy of Arch Crawford?Thanks
TM

i dont follow arch, from time to time i read an article by him.
dharma

#48 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Thanks guys. A lot of people seem to suggest Merriman. I will start following his weekly articles to get a better feel for this stuff.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

well its within the 2 trading days after thursday(turn date), and we are off. 1168,1183,1198,1213 and then 1229 breaks into the next cycle and suggests a move to new highs. i do think new forever highs are in store in june. this was a back the truck up event. i am as much on margin as i am going to be. i will start shedding stuff as we go to new highs. for me this down turn was educational, after these new highs i suspect this will be what we get, and it should be steeper. dharma

#50 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

well its within the 2 trading days after thursday(turn date), and we are off. 1168,1183,1198,1213 and then 1229 breaks into the next cycle and suggests a move to new highs.
i do think new forever highs are in store in june. this was a back the truck up event. i am as much on margin as i am going to be. i will start shedding stuff as we go to new highs.
for me this down turn was educational, after these new highs i suspect this will be what we get, and it should be steeper.
dharma

I was buying as well. New highs would be great, but I am also prepared that we may have starter the "summer consolidation" early.
In that we are in for brief period of consolidation between mid 1100s to 1200s, then steady increase which accelerates by year end.
I have some reasons for this that I don't have time to illustrate at this time.